Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA CUP 2ND QUALIFYING ROUND

littlehampton

TO BE OR NOT TO BE ??
PREVIEW

FA Cup matches have a special mystique about them, not least in the early rounds for non-league clubs, like Town and Hadley, and to those of a certain vintage.

The FA Cup is the world's oldest soccer competition, and the financial benefits, from success, can keep lower league sides going for years. Plus, the perennial prospect of potential upsets, is what ensures the FA Cup remains a big favourite among us supporters.

On Saturday, we welcome the players, officials and supporters of Hadley FC to the Queen Elizabeth Stadium for an intriguing 2nd Qualifying Round tie. Nicknamed 'The Bricks' they play in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division, and are one of the oldest clubs in the Country, founded in the 1882-83 season.

In the summer of 2019 the FA moved Hadley to the Essex Senior League for the 2019-20 season, after 10 seasons in the Spartan South Midlands League. A highlight of their 2019-20 season was reaching the 3rd Qualifying Round of the FA Cup, equalling their best ever run from the 2016-17 season. They eventually lost to Havant & Waterlooville, but getting that far in such a prestigious national competition, is an excellent achievement.

In the summer of 2021 the FA again carried out some restructuring of the National League System, and Hadley were moved from the Essex Senior League back into the Spartan South Midlands League. They have made a good start to the new season, and recently removed the other Enfield from the FA Cup, after a replay extra time winner.

We will certainly not be taking them lightly!  The match will be played in front of a large crowd, with a sensational cup-tie atmosphere. Don't miss it !

Best of luck to Andy and our players.

'COME ON THE TOWN'

A message to all Arsenal and Spurs fans living locally in the Enfield area.

Both clubs do not have a match this Saturday. If you want to see a gripping FA Cup match on Saturday afternoon, come and add your vocal support for local club Enfield Town in their match against Hertfordshire side Hadley, at the Queen Elizabeth Stadium, Donkey Lane, Enfield, KO 3.00pm.

You are guaranteed a thrilling cup-tie. Don't miss it !

On 16/09/2021 at 12:26, littlehampton said:

A message to all Arsenal and Spurs fans living locally in the Enfield area.

Both clubs do not have a match this Saturday. If you want to see a gripping FA Cup match on Saturday afternoon, come and add your vocal support for local club Enfield Town in their match against Hertfordshire side Hadley, at the Queen Elizabeth Stadium, Donkey Lane, Enfield, KO 3.00pm.

You are guaranteed a thrilling cup-tie. Don't miss it !

Arsenal just won?

OOPs that was a bit scary!!!!  Especially when your relying on the internet.

Interesting to read, however, the EFTC Official Twitter's summation at half time. The use of the word  "organised" caught my eye when they referred to how Hadley were playing. 

Something I have written about many times as being one of the prime requirement for all teams, what ever level they play at. Sometimes, the lack of which, many agree has let us down.

I do hope, however, that the person who wrote it is not called by some, disloyal, a whinger, a cave dweller etc,  for reporting an unbiased opinion on what they had seen.

Anyway we have survived to fight another day and hopefully come out in front now that we know what Hadley are capable of.

I now look forward to reading all the comments from those who were actually there. Also to see who we may get in the next round if we play it right.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Of course you can ask me what you want but in this incident I refute your premise on which you base your questions on IB.

To suggest I don't applaud after a win is rather presumptuous. Most of my comments, which in your view are negative, are invariably made because I have been around football probably long than you, both as a player, coach and spectator. Consequently I feel strongly that we have players who with better guidance  could improve even more as a team. 

I have also seen many positives, but also a number of young promising players that coming and go quickly is mainly because they don't fit into the managers playing philosophy. Which I find hard to condone. 

However, at this time I am pleased to see Billy Bricknell has returned because his experience and know how will help to maintain our position in the league. That is if he gets assistants from others on and off the pitch. If you don't know what I mean watch when he plays the positions he takes up only to be isolated by another long high pass no where near him. 

I have followed this club one way or another for over 70+ years. So I want to see this club try and return to what is was.  

Obviously we stand in different corners so let's agree to disagree. Even though I believe we both have the club' fortune's to heart!!

42 minutes ago, Interested Observer said:

Can I ask a few serious questions 4WF?

Why do you never post after a win?

Why do you not ever see any positives?

Mr Leese, is that you??

Why are you so upset by fans forum criticism? I suggest you get over it. I, for one, will criticise when I believe the performance/tactics etc deserve it. I will also congratulate worthy performances. If you don't like that, Mr Observer, then perhaps you might like to go frequent the Cheshunt forum instead?

Today's game...

Surprise, surprise, the side from 2 divisions below decided against trying to match us in a free-flowing exhibition of attacking football. Instead, they got men behind the ball, said "break us down if you're good enough" and then sought to catch us on the break with their lightning-fast No.7, Ofori. And guess what, once again we were bereft of a clear and effective plan to counter a well-organised opposition. Cunnington was winning everything in the air but either lacking support or losing possession. Mo was a passenger in the first half. You got the feeling that it might just be one of those smash-and-grab days for the Spartan South Midlands Premier Division side. And it very nearly was! The crowd were clearly anxious and were near silent for most of the game which probably didn't help the players.

I'd suggest we need more intent, positive play and urgency on Tuesday if we're not going to go the way of Enfield FC in the last round. The lack of urgency until going 1-0 down was telling - Town players were being told to hurry up to take throw-ins in the first 10 minutes of the match! Here's hoping we have Scott Thomas available on Tuesday and perhaps even give Billy a spot on the bench.

Thanks CC for a  well expressed critique of what you saw today. In reading your post it certainly gave me a clear picture of what happened.

However, at least Obsv did give me something to do in what, for me, has been a long and uncomfortable day.

I have set my sights on being on the next home fixture in a couple of weeks.

I also join in your hope for Billy and Scott's return and that someone will rethink of a way to approach the replay.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

2 hours ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Mr Leese, is that you??

Why are you so upset by fans forum criticism? I suggest you get over it. I, for one, will criticise when I believe the performance/tactics etc deserve it. I will also congratulate worthy performances. If you don't like that, Mr Observer, then perhaps you might like to go frequent the Cheshunt forum 

Why would I go on the Cheshunt forum I couldn't care less about them ??‍♂️

My point is that some posters can't wait to get on this forum when we don't win but are nowhere to be seen or heard after a positive result. I'm all for criticism when it's deserved but to not praise when we play well makes it look like you've got an agenda.

Just look at the difference on here after a positive result, hardly any posts but a negative result brings out certain people that just want to moan. Be objective or it just looks like you've got an agenda and can't wait for the team to lose!

I just hope some posters aren't as negative when they attend matches, but having attended 100's of matches over the years I'm not so sure. Some people are just happy moaning and I'm glad I'm not one of them ?

7 hours ago, Interested Observer said:

Why would I go on the Cheshunt forum I couldn't care less about them ??‍♂️

My point is that some posters can't wait to get on this forum when we don't win but are nowhere to be seen or heard after a positive result. I'm all for criticism when it's deserved but to not praise when we play well makes it look like you've got an agenda.

Just look at the difference on here after a positive result, hardly any posts but a negative result brings out certain people that just want to moan. Be objective or it just looks like you've got an agenda and can't wait for the team to lose!

I just hope some posters aren't as negative when they attend matches, but having attended 100's of matches over the years I'm not so sure. Some people are just happy moaning and I'm glad I'm not one of them ?

The meaning of a FORUM.  a situation or meeting in which people can talk about a problem or matter especially of public interest: 
a forum for debate/discussion
we are all entitled to comment on the forum yesterday we played very poor until Cunnington went off ,, Matts first touch nearly scored  Mo followed up and did  let’s hope both Matt and Billy both get a chance on Tuesday ..

I tend to discount any new (new-ish) forum member that arrives on here and straight away focuses in on criticizing long standing supporters and forum members for 'criticizing' 

They no doubt mean well,but are abviously just associated with either the current management or players of the club rather than being fans who transend any player or managment comings-and-goings.

So many have started posting on here over the years and then disappeared once themselves or their 'boy' has left the club

Edited by lovely stuff

I agree LS 

Yesterday’s game was no where near  the standard we expect from the team management as I said previous this team is our banana skin we needed to be 200% we weren’t ,Tuesday we need to be totally focused and 300% committed 

I'll be surprised if Bricknell is fit in time for Tuesday night's replay. I would have thought he needs a least a couple more weeks. Though when he is fit, he will in my opinion make a better partner up front for Mo Faal than Cunnington. Picking a starting 2 from those 3 is a nice problem to have .....

16 minutes ago, Benjrider10 said:

I'll be surprised if Bricknell is fit in time for Tuesday night's replay. I would have thought he needs a least a couple more weeks. Though when he is fit, he will in my opinion make a better partner up front for Mo Faal than Cunnington. Picking a starting 2 from those 3 is a nice problem to have .....

I’d have no problem in picking Mo and Billy. And when Mo goes. maybe Billy can work again with Adam 

so how about Matt and Mo to start