Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dream over

urchinman1961

Even by my standards that was a hard watch I know the squad is threadbare but we hardly created any chances of Note taking nothing away from Bowers took their chances so good luck in the next round on the up side good crowd on the down side apart from the loss was the injury to our MOM Jordan,anyway enough self pity Up the Urchins

36 minutes ago, urchinman1961 said:

Even by my standards that was a hard watch I know the squad is threadbare but we hardly created any chances of Note taking nothing away from Bowers took their chances so good luck in the next round on the up side good crowd on the down side apart from the loss was the injury to our MOM Jordan,anyway enough self pity Up the Urchins

Tough to watch is very much how most people viewed it.  It all just felt very flat and uninspired tonight.

Really disappointed with the performance over both games, we lacked thrust and creativity in midfield with no one willing to travel with the ball. The defence often going long with no one winning the second ball...we made it easy for Bowers. A real shame to lose if nothing more then the money we'd have got from the next game. League our main focus now, hopefully a couple of signings through the door to boost morale and add abit of competition for places if nothing more.

Oh a quick note of a decent attendance for a midweek game.

37 minutes ago, Riverside Urchin said:

Yes what’s happened to the players? We need an update on their return plus Johnson ? What’s happened to him? Needs new signings - what’s the point in attending east Thurrock if we have little on bench. Nice to see Saka on pitch.

Johnson was released I think.  Playing at Braintree I think 

1 hour ago, Riverside Urchin said:

Ps I also heard last night that it was Chris Dickson’s last match as he is pursuing other interests. Surely players want to come and play for the Trophy champions?

I think he can still do a job at this level or above.  But to be honest he's not a target man and has been playing second fiddle to Higgins.  Can't blame him if he's had enough at the age of 36

I thought Johnson was cup tied?

I think the Johnson that's at Braintree is Matt Johnson who use to play for us a few seasons ago.

we have, as of the game last night, 9 players injured.  Brown is hopeful for return on Saturday, not sure about the rest.

Dickson, so programme says was his last game last night as he wants to pursue his full time job, which i think is a PT.