Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Saturday 9 October - SSML Results/Reports

19 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Division Two
Tring Corinthians AFC 4 Pitstone & Ivinghoe 5

A report and photographs from this amazing rollercoaster ride:

https://www.theclubhq.com/tringcorinthiansafc/team/u6gnaXimHFuGk9Cpn/fixtures/MuTo87zMzCkN8Wzmf?chqs=1633855982820

22 hours ago, Rhodes said:

A groundhopper from another Forum was at Preston Park this afternoon:

Spartan South Midlands Football League - Premier Division
Preston Park - Official Attendance: 90
Harefield United (3) 4  Dunstable Town (0) 0

Admission - £6
Programme - online (not checked it out yet)
The most remarkable thing about this game was that I made it for the start. Closure of parts of both the M4 and the M40 heading in to London should have had me worried, but Google Maps suggested I could complete the trip in under 2 hours. My trust was misplaced. I joined the M40 from the M25 at about 13:25 and left at the next junction, along with everyone else, over an hour later. I had already resigned myself to missing the start of the match, but amazingly I paid my £6 and walked through the turnstile at 14:56 - a total journey time from South Hampshire of about 3 hours. No time for pre-match food & drink or photos, but I was just happy to have arrived.
This was a fairly routine win for the hosts. Their #10 opened the scoring in the 15th minute. Their second goal came from the penalty spot, scored by their #8 (Richard Pacquette who, in a previous life, had famously given Havant & Waterlooville a 1-0 lead against Liverpool at Anfield) and the third was netted by their #9. Dunstable battled gamely in the second half, determined not to let the scoreline get any worse from their perspective, but with a little under 15 minutes remaining, Harefield's #10 notched his second.
Journey home was far less stressful. Made it in plenty of time to watch another routine win - for England against Andorra.

I too was at this one.

Fairly accurate report.

Unlike the ground hopper, I arrived in plenty of time for the kick off. ? 

On 09/10/2021 at 19:59, Rhodes said:

Division One
Raunds Town 1 Letchworth Garden City Eagles 1

A groundhopper from another Forum was at this affair, Kiln Park doesn't sound very inviting:

Raunds Town 1 - 1 Letchworth Garden City Eagles (HT 1 - 1)
Kiln Park
Spartan South Midlands League One (step 6)
Admission £5
Attendance 95 and 2 dogs
No programmme
Tea £1
A sports and social club with a brick built club house, a hand car wash also had cars queueing through the car park. A brick built shed as a turnstile, to the right were just over 200 plastic seats under cover, the cover also covered the tea hatch, the entrance to the changing rooms and some covered standing. The worst toilets I've used in a while at a football game. Dug outs were on the opposite touchline.
The gentleman on the gate was joking with all late arrivals about the scoreline, he informed me that I'd missed the first home goal as I heard the whistle whilst parking up, which I had, he then informed the next person 5 minutes later that the home team were 2 -1 up when the actual score at that point was 1 all, the next arrivals he informed that the score was 3 - 2 up.
The eventual score was 1 - 1, a little bit of angst towards the end of the game, with the referee NOT awarding a card against Letchworth for a tackle which the home supporters swore was a sending off.

5 hours ago, petethegreek said:

I too was at this one

I should have done my research as I see now from the on-line match programme that you were Officiating:

HAREFIELD UNITED V DUNSTABLE TOWN SAT 9TH OCTOBER  DOWNLOAD

Premier Division

Tring Athletic 1 London Colney 0

A well written match report from Cow Lane:

Tring Athletic Football Club (tafc.co.uk)

Division Two
Berkhamsted Comrades 3 Risborough Rangers Development 2

Two separate reports from this one at Broadwater, yes, who recalls when Berkhamsted FC were in Division Two in 2009/10 under the great Mick Vipond:

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/berkhamstedfootballclub/teams/242628/match-centre/1-9856061/report

Berko FC’s Spartan South Midlands League team, Berkhamsted Comrades, moved up to 5th place in Division 2 with a 3-2 win over Risborough Rangers Development at Broadwater on Saturday, with Jay Caines scoring a hat-trick. Older supporters will remember that the first team were in this division in 2009-10, prior to advancing through the divisions to Step 4 currently.  When the first team are away, it’s worth a visit to Broadwater to watch the Comrades team.  Next Saturday, they are home to Milton Keynes College Football Academy whilst the first team are away at Thame United.

16 hours ago, petethegreek said:

I arrived in plenty of time for the kick off. ? 

I will put in a word with Mr Elliott to see if there are any passing Jets around to offer you a lift for your next couple of SSML games  ?

Premier Division
Oxhey Jets 2 Leighton Town 2

Match reports and photographs, sadly the result 'triggered' the end of Joe Sweeney's very popular reign at Bell Close:

https://www.oxheyjets.com/portfolio-item/20211009_firsts_leightontown/

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/leightontown/teams/11587/match-centre/0-5071233/photos

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/19639220.oxhey-jets-hold-south-midlands-leaders-leighton-town-draw/

Match reports, photograhs and video footage where found:

Premier Division
Milton Keynes Irish P Leverstock Greeen
Tring Athletic 1 London Colney 0

Division One
London Tigers 3 Bedford 7
Long Crendon 6 Langford 0
Penn & Tylers Green 2 Burton Park Wanderers 2
Raunds Town 1 Letchworth Garden City Eagles 1
Rushden & Higham United 0 Thame United Reserves 2
Shefford Town & Campton 5 Buckingham Athletic 0
Stotfold 2 Amersham Town 1