Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Average at best

Not really sure how to take today's game. Where had the lion's share of the possession and created enough chances to win however extra touches and being too indecisive cost us. Unless Cooney was injured not sure why he was subbed? Im a big fan of Jilly but that change and slight change to formation cost us the game today. I would have started him but further up the field where it suits him best (he put a few lovely crosses in but ultimately in being so attacking left space further back, I'm sure their equaliser came down that side). Positives to take from today, we scored 3 and Hayles was a welcome return to the starting lineup. Negatives, we seem to be leaking goals against average teams - Bowers and ETU 8 goals in 3 games. (Don't think they had won at home prior to today either.) The top 6 all won with Kingstonian already 9 points clear of us. Still early days but we really need to start hitting some form. Roll on Tuesday

Edited by kimbles left foot

Cooney was subbed very soon after getting a yellow so maybe that was part of the reason - and their winger had got by him a couple of times.
I'm not sure how we let that one go either but their first three goals were very well taken once they got the chance.
ALso got to take some positives from scoring 3 goals and controlling so much of the game despite the extensive injury roster.
Was relieved Jordan Clark was fit enough to play, albeit strapped with Roc-tape.

At least I now know how so many other opposition fans feel to see their team go from a winning position to losing in the final minutes of a match.

Loved the "Harry Potter" and "Draco Malfoy" songs for East Thurrock's keeper Arthur Janata who wasn't quite as bleached when I saw him playing for Mark at Waltham Abbey.

Can’t get my head around how we lost this game. Controlled most of the game , created lots of openings ( perhaps overdone the play inside the area a few times. ) 
East Thurrock seemed to have 3 long range shots that all hit the back of the net. 
still thought it was a lot better performance than the two games against bowers.

Onward and upwards

COYU

Before the match started I was more concerned about where our goals we’re going to come from. The team we put out should have been defensively solid. But apart from Lewes away, I have yet to see a resolute defensive display from the team. If we don’t address then surely a season of mid-table obscurity awaits and we are a lot better than that.

Oh come on !!  We have got an horrendous injury list that includes key players  which has understandably affected results.  We’ve not even been able to have a full complement of substitutes. I have total confidence that the team will be in the mix come the end of the season, probably in play offs.  With a few exceptions every team is capable of beating anyone so if we can get a winning run of results together then we will be ok and keep the improved fan base happy.  COYU!

I agree that every team is capable of beating anyone and the team that will qualify for the play-offs and those who do qualify will be those who are better organized and make fewer individual defensive errors.  

I recognize that we had three outfield players out on Saturday who would have started if fit. But apart from left back that was our first choice defence out there.

We are capable of better as our performance at Lewes showed when we had a midfield player at left back and a right back at center back.

We will only get a winning run of results by not conceding two or more goals a game, which we have not been capable of in our last three games.