Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Torture at the Bridge

urchinman1961

Another night against Cheshunt and we would have smashed them but this is a below par Urchin side and it's not the best starting 11,but having said that they had enough chances before the smash n grab goal that sunk us in the 81st minute I know things will change hopefully this Saturday will have to eat humble pie at the moment but things will change keep the faith,up the Urchins

God that was poor tonight.  

I think we played 5 at the back?  I really don't understand this long ball game we seem to have got into playing. It doesn't suit the players we have got at all. As for playing Buabi at full back!!!! The lad skinned their full back every time he went forward.  He would have been the outlet we needed tonight.

Seemed to me that the priority tonight was to not get beaten.  Cheshunt were poor today and yet somehow took the 3 points.

I am a little perplexed still

Of all opposing managers , it had to be  Ming! Bet he’s gloating all the way back to his tea shop. We’re clearly missing players, especially Sam Higgins - we would have won that game easily had he been playing. Team seemed to be not balanced with a bit of a gap on the right last night. Just got to get through this sticky period , rumour has it that we might get a couple of players back on Saturday. COYU 

Torture? Bit of a strong comment there... ?

Frustrating, yes!

Spells of good play at times but no final product. The effort is there but heads are very much down at the moment. As i could see as the team left the pitch.

The long list of injuries is very much not helping at the moment, hopefully one or two may be back at the weekend? ?

Think the "12th Man" in the stands and on the hill needs to be heard, to raise those heads back up and push on!!

It's very hard to take last night and I felt like id been punched in the gut by Tyson Fury! A real tough loss to take as the players worked hard created chances and generally didn't do anything wrong.  Yes we have a lot of injuries and maybe also need a few players to come in to boost competition in the squad but I was pleased with how hard the players worked.

Seeing them come past me off the pitch last night they were all upset to have lost and they know results have to turn around.  it's been a bit of a rut of losses lately but with over 30 games to go in this league season things can turn around and will be turned around.

As the 12th man lets make a real cup final noise this Saturday, Cheer the lads, Sing all game and remind our players they are still Winners.

Sing Loud, Stay Proud and UP THE URCHINS!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch said:

Said the same person who gets so pissed at games he cant even remember what happens...

LOL! The point wasn’t about remembering games?it was about the “12th man” Follow Hornchurch away!!! Or just at home via the “Steward gate” 

We do go away games. The last one was Bowers. May be it's because not all have the finances for every away game. Or life in general.

We are also not the only ones who miss away games, but for you or any one else that's not a problem. Only a problem when its me or Peter. So it would seem.

So, from my understanding it's ok to make noise away but when the result on the home pitch dont happen and the its s**t remarks start especially the last few games where the team could do with the support its not there?

Also if you or anyone else want to do the steward gate then by all means go ahead it's not what we want to do. Only we have to give our time up as we get shi**ed on.

Cover didnt even bother showing up when we was unable to be there back in Aug/Sept. 

1 hour ago, Miss.A.F.C.Hornchurch said:

We do go away games. The last one was Bowers. May be it's because not all have the finances for every away game. Or life in general.

We are also not the only ones who miss away games, but for you or any one else that's not a problem. Only a problem when its me or Peter. So it would seem.

So, from my understanding it's ok to make noise away but when the result on the home pitch dont happen and the its s**t remarks start especially the last few games where the team could do with the support its not there?

Also if you or anyone else want to do the steward gate then by all means go ahead it's not what we want to do. Only we have to give our time up as we get shi**ed on.

Cover didnt even bother showing up when we was unable to be there back in Aug/Sept. 

And how good was the atmosphere at Bowers?

You are not the only ones who miss away games correct! But you seem to be the only ones who have a problem with the "Support"! You are more than welcome to come over and make some noise if you like but you'd rather stand at a distance and whinge about it instead.

Give your head a wobble! We all give up our time collectively! You are not the only ones who volunteer over there ahaha!

I'll send you some videos from the next few away games and I really do hope the support will be up to your high standards (Or maybe I'll get too pissed and remember none of it) xx

12 minutes ago, SidtheChin97 said:

And how good was the atmosphere at Bowers?

You are not the only ones who miss away games correct! But you seem to be the only ones who have a problem with the "Support"! You are more than welcome to come over and make some noise if you like but you'd rather stand at a distance and whinge about it instead.

Give your head a wobble! We all give up our time collectively! You are not the only ones who volunteer over there ahaha!

I'll send you some videos from the next few away games and I really do hope the support will be up to your high standards (Or maybe I'll get too pissed and remember none of it) xx

You don't need to film it to show us,  we both already aware that most away games we make a good sound and if I may say so are probably one of the best set of travelling fans when it comes to singing and cheering on the team in this league at away matches and have been for well before I was involved as a supporter.,

my original point is that we have ben a little flat with atmosphere at our home games, and I guess we have all expected more having seen our team at Wembley in May it's not meant to turn into a tit for tat argument but just challenge us all together to raise a bit of noise tomorrow that's all.

As Kimbles said above roll on tomorrow and 3 points in the bag, that's what we will all want to see!

UP THE URCHINS!

For me the reason the support is not as loud as it is away is because most of the people that would start the singing off are all volunteers during home games, be it on turnstiles, club shop , selling programmes , helping in the bar, counting 50/50 it never stops certainly to at least halftime. So when we go away it’s more of a football day than a home game.

As for the team sometimes in life the only person that is going to turn a situation around is yourself and I think this is one of those times. 

3 points tomorrow would be great ?? Mon the Chins 

31 minutes ago, Digits said:

For me the reason the support is not as loud as it is away is because most of the people that would start the singing off are all volunteers during home games, be it on turnstiles, club shop , selling programmes , helping in the bar, counting 50/50 it never stops certainly to at least halftime. So when we go away it’s more of a football day than a home game.

As for the team sometimes in life the only person that is going to turn a situation around is yourself and I think this is one of those times. 

3 points tomorrow would be great ?? Mon the Chins 

hadn't thought of that,  good point I guess that we have less regular singer's about now that on average our crowds have gone up over the 400 mark and hope they keep going up.

Edited by PONY TAILED URCHIN