Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday/Wednesday 19/20 October - SSML Results/Reports

The midweek action, Karen's still dragging her feet isn't she:

Tuesday 19 October (kick off 7.45pm unless stated)

Premier Division
Oxhey Jets v Risborough Rangers (kick off 7.30pm)
Tring Athletic v Broadfields United

Division One
Ampthill Town v Thame United Reserves
Burton Park Wanderers v Raunds Town
Irchester United v Shefford Town & Campton
Kidlington Reserves v Amersham Town
Letchworth Garden City Eagles v Stotfold
London Tigers v Buckingham Athletic (kick off 7.30pm)
Long Crendon v Penn & Tylers Green
Northampton Sileby Rangers v Rushden & Higham United
Winslow United v Wellingborough Whitworth

Hertfordshire FA Senior Challenge Cup First Round
London Colney v Sawbridgeworth Town

Wednesday 20 October (kick off 7.45pm)

Division One
Langford v Bedford

On 18/10/2021 at 14:41, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 19 October 

Premier Division
Tring Athletic v Broadfields United

How do we see this one going this evening, see the match programme:

Tring Athletic vs Broadfields United by Tring Athletic - issuu

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

The results:

Tuesday 19 October 

Premier Division
Oxhey Jets 2 Risborough Rangers 2
Tring Athletic 1 Broadfields United 2

Division One
Ampthill Town 4 Thame United Reserves 1
Burton Park Wanderers 2 Raunds Town 2
Irchester United 1 Shefford Town & Campton 6
Kidlington Reserves 2 Amersham Town 1
Letchworth Garden City Eagles 2 Stotfold 0
London Tigers 0 Buckingham Athletic 4
Long Crendon 2 Penn & Tylers Green 2
Northampton Sileby Rangers 5 Rushden & Higham United 0
Winslow United 5 Wellingborough Whitworth 0

Hertfordshire FA Senior Challenge Cup First Round
London Colney 1 Sawbridgeworth Town 1 (London Colney win 5-4 on pens)

Edited by Rhodes

Another rain sodden night, another red card and another 2-2 draw against the (now) league leaders. Entertaining game between two good sides (not just my bias, Rangers fans said we were a good side and likewise they're the best we've played so far, they and their players knew they were in a game tonight). 

Both goals Jets conceded were really soft from goalkeeping mistakes at corners, the early first they had three lining up to score, the second half equaliser was awful from debutant custodian Lewis Todd, who overcompensated for the wind and was out of position when it failed to travel as far as he thought it would.

Both Jets goals were well taken by the ever improving Kyal Williams. The first an individual effort, latching on to a lovely pass and flick on to round the keeper and convert from a tight angle late in the half, the second when finishing a lovely move down the right.

Only downside was the 79th minute second yellow for Ferrel Charles, 4 reds in as many games for Oxhey which is not representative of our play in the slightest. My view was obscured but I think he was a tad late making a second challenge out wide having just made a perfectly timed first tackle in the box. This boy is a class act and looks destined for a much higher level but we'll enjoy him while we can. I suspect the Boundary will be swelled by scouts before too long, he's that good.

On 18/10/2021 at 14:41, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 19 October 

Division One
Northampton Sileby Rangers v Rushden & Higham United

A groundhopper from another Forum was at this affair:

Spartan South Midlands League Division One
Northampton Sileby Rangers 5-0 Rushden & Higham United

Admission - £6 inc free programme
Attendance - 57
Venue: Fernie Fields - a local one for me tonight, but a new tick! Plenty of parking on site. I was really impressed with the ground, it’s well looked after. Behind one goal is the social club and a community centre. One touchline is full length of spectator fixtures - a seated covered stand centrally with wheelchair sections, and two identical long tin covered standing areas either side. The other touchline is out of bounds, and the other goal line is hard standing. The out of bounds and hard standing sides are hedge lined making it pleasant to look at.
Game - Torrid weather from start to finish for this game. The pitch was immaculate, like a carpet! The game started with Sileby passing the ball around but Rushden looking dangerous on the counter. A nice piece of play on the right with the ball crossed to the edge of the area saw the ball volleyed home. When Sileby scored the 2nd, Rushden gave up. Sileby quickly realised that the centre backs of Rushden lacked any form of pace, whilst holding a high line, and balls were being played over the top finishing Rushden off.

3 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 19 October 

Division One
Winslow United 5 Wellingborough Whitworth 0

A groundhopper from another Forum was at Elmfields Gate:

Spartan South Midlands League Division One
Winslow United 5-0 Wellingborough Whitworth
Admission £5, Programme £1, Att: 72 (H/C)

I daresay that this is a pleasant place to watch football on a nice day. Less so on a wet and windy Tuesday evening. The small atcost stand, providing the only cover in the round, was in great demand.
5th v 2nd at the start of play, but Winslow, 5 points behind their visitors, have 5 games in hand. Whitworth started brightly, and looked the better side for the opening 20 minutes, but fell apart after conceding the second goal. Rarely have I ever seen a side lose so much confidence so quickly. From playing some decent stuff and looking dangerous on the attack to misplacing pretty much every second pass. The conditions won't have helped but, as the saying goes, it was the same for both sides. As well as the five goals, Winslow had another disallowed (rather harshly in my opinion), and saw an effort hit the inside of the post. and run across the face of the goal before being cleared to safety.
Winslow took the lead on 25 minutes when a long range effort from number 9 caught the keeper out of position, and added a second on 32 when number 10 headed in a corner.
It took just a couple of minutes for the hosts to increase their lead after the break, a terrific run and cross was bundled in by number 9. The fourth goal came when the Whitworth keeper could only push an inswinging corner into his own net. The final goal came from substitute, number 15, in stoppage time.
A very wet journey back up the M40, and key in the door at 11pm.

17 hours ago, View from the Boundary said:

Another rain sodden night, another red card and another 2-2 draw against the (now) league leaders. Entertaining game between two good sides (not just my bias, Rangers fans said we were a good side and likewise they're the best we've played so far, they and their players knew they were in a game tonight). 

Both goals Jets conceded were really soft from goalkeeping mistakes at corners, the early first they had three lining up to score, the second half equaliser was awful from debutant custodian Lewis Todd, who overcompensated for the wind and was out of position when it failed to travel as far as he thought it would.

Both Jets goals were well taken by the ever improving Kyal Williams. The first an individual effort, latching on to a lovely pass and flick on to round the keeper and convert from a tight angle late in the half, the second when finishing a lovely move down the right.

Only downside was the 79th minute second yellow for Ferrel Charles, 4 reds in as many games for Oxhey which is not representative of our play in the slightest. My view was obscured but I think he was a tad late making a second challenge out wide having just made a perfectly timed first tackle in the box. This boy is a class act and looks destined for a much higher level but we'll enjoy him while we can. I suspect the Boundary will be swelled by scouts before too long, he's that good.

Oxhey Jets have defenitly steadied the ship and turned the corner ?

This evening's result from Forde Park:

Wednesday 20 October 

Division One
Langford 3 Bedford 4

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

On 19/10/2021 at 22:57, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 19 October 

Division One
Letchworth Garden City Eagles 2 Stotfold 0

A groundhopper from another Forum was at this huge shock, Brett Donnelly won't have been a happy man:

Letchworth Garden City Eagles 2 - 0 Stotfold (HT 1 - 0)
Spartan South Midlands League One (Step 6)
15th v 1st
Pimore Fields
Admission £5
Programme £1
Tea £1.50
Attendance 185 and 1 dog
Just over 4 miles between these 2 clubs for a midweek local derby. The highest attendance for Letchworth this season, they appear to have reorganised their car park, and had parking stewards on duty which appeared to work well.
The rain set in for the second half, with the seated stand being 2/3 full and a few large umbrellas dotted around. Stotfold didnt appear to show their recent good form, and LGC scored just before HT. There were chances for both teams in the second half, but the second goal for LGC appeared to barely cross the line before bouncing away.