Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Corinthian-Casuals v Enfield Town

seemgee

Thanks for the updates seemgee. Well, there's another excellent away win for Andy and our players, which really does speak volumes for the quality of our team this season, and of our chances at the top end of the table. Winning together is what it all about, and I'm sure all Towners will be delighted with this result today, particularly as we came from behind in the last 15 minutes of the match. Well done everyone, think our present form should certainly boost confidence for our trip to Bedfordshire next Saturday, when we play Biggleswade in the FA Trophy. See you there ! 

1 hour ago, littlehampton said:

Winning together is what it all about, and I'm sure all Towners will be delighted with this result today, particularly as we came from behind in the last 15 minutes of the match. 

Yes LH a very pleasing result. Another win keeping us still above 2pts a game and breathing down the neck of Worthing. 

Looking forward to reading fans opinions on this….

first half… worst 45 minutes I’ve seen all season from both teams… not that difficult conditions but the passing was poor and the Casuals rolling on the floor every challenge slowed the game to a stop… can’t remember a single shot on or off target for either teams….

second half much brighter so Sod’s law that just as we were getting on top the oppo broke away and scored a fine goal….  Great attacking sub by Andy replacing Taffe with Adam and we definitely started to realise that we had to up it… A powerful left foot shot by Mo slipped through the keepers hands and agonisingly for the keeper bounced slowly over the line…. Then a beautiful left foot shot from outside the box by LDV won the very very important points…. Overall strange game… Casuals played some nice stuff and will win games at home…We just have to keep the ball down we will score goals to win games if we use our pace and movement…. In the end  the three hour round trip was worthwhile….

I thought the game was a 90 minute battle.

Admittedly not one shot at goal from either team in the first half, however no challenge was shirked and two evenly matched teams definitely cancelling each other out. The physical commitment needed was their to be witnessed . Therefore fantastic and pleasing first 45 minutes from our young team.

The pitch looked very spongy and looked as if it could submerge half a boot. We also played against a very strong wind in the first half. 
Our opponents scored a breakaway goal with their only shot on target in 90 minutes, nonetheless a very well taken goal.

The substitutions were spot on, little Lewis came off for Big Adam to come on. Adam, upfront, long directed balls certainly did the trick.

Adam, muscled his way about, winning almost everything in the air and suddenly Free Kicks around the opponents penalty box too.

Mo bought a lottery ticket with his speculative left foot shot only for the keeper to display glass made pair of hands ? and for the ball to trickle over the line , bosh.

One free kick too many given away by Casuals saw a cleared cross comeback to Lyle DV who found the corner of the net with a shot bouncing along and over the keepers desperate dive.

Casuals are a tough tough team and will be a difficult opponent for anyone as they were yesterday, yesterday was a massive win helped by eventual and well executed long ball tactics and a variation of play/formations

Edited by Bottoms Up

15 hours ago, Theodopolous said:

Thanks for your comments BU….Looks like only two of us went Saturday …. This forum really has died hasn’t it ….

yes it has i was looking at the early post that were on here it was a good forum now every ones on twitter ,,,, not for me  i dont want evey one knowing what im doing then getting abuse from eveyone  rasist sexist abuse no thanks

I think OT and Theo that covid has had a lot to do with the decline.  But I am sure that for those who cannot always attend games the forum still keeps up in the loop.  Which I really appreciate. Even if sometimes we don't always agree and find reason to question one another. 

As for twitter I thought that was only for the birds!!!!! 

I am sure that before the season is over the forum will pick up. But if it doesn't then I am sure I can find something more controversial to say!!!!!??.It's always a good ploy to ensure several posts.☺️ 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

1 hour ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

I think OT and Theo that covid has had a lot to do with the decline.  But I am sure that for those who cannot always attend games the forum still keeps up in the loop.  Which I really appreciate. Even if sometimes we don't always agree and find reason to question one another. 

As for twitter I thought that was only for the birds!!!!! 

I am sure that before the season is over the forum will pick up. But if it doesn't then I am sure I can find something more controversial to say!!!!!??.It's always a good ploy to ensure several posts.☺️ 

i cant wait for something controversial from you 4wf its been a while? lol ........................

Edited by old towner

On 07/11/2021 at 09:28, Bottoms Up said:

yesterday was a massive win helped by eventual and well executed long ball tactics and a variation of play/formations

I am sure that something will come up OT but not while we keep winning. Also when you read the last of BU's post. (see above). What he says is more or less what I wrote several weeks ago. I have never considered " long ball play " to be unjustifiable when other ways have failed. Especially when executed properly with intention.

Which is another reason for tranquillity. When I can so readily agree with BU.☺️

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

I just wonder whether the lack of posts is because people worry about the response…  I’m sure there are a number that read this forum and watch the matches but never post…. Don’t let peoples comments bother you… I don’t… I like reading opposite opinions and if someone disagrees with what you say that’s what makes a forum…,,

I agree whole heartedly with the past two comments. No one should be deterred from giving their point of view. So if you are reading the posts on this forum and feel you have something to say on what ever subject which may arise, I would encourage you to join in. Whether you agree or disagree with what is being said. Or if you want to raise your own concerns on another matter.

When sometimes disagreements over views occur between members I still firmly believe that all contributors have one interest in common and that is to help the club to be successful.  

Anyway new blood may help some of us " diehards " to see things in a different l light.

I love reading all the comments - negative or positive!

Not been able to get to a game since Worthing - and been in A+E today as hurt myself playing football last night - so cant make the trip for tonight's game!

Feels like the season is coming together - we are unbeaten at home, hard to beat, a strong bench meaning competition - and feels like the player spirit is as good as ever!

Pleased to see Harold and John both getting games - we need to be ready for injuries and dips in form ...

Look forward to reading about the Bedfont game later ...

Goes quiet on here because we’re not losing, sitting in 2nd place and looking good.

Biggleswade, Stortford, Merstham, Hornchurch are pretty tough games all over a 10 day period.

I hear manny is a booking away from a suspension, is that correct?

Scott Thomas still out injured, and Sam Youngs absent, we appear a bit light in midfield for the forthcoming games.