Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

What if...

...the Omicron variant wreaks havoc with non-league football? With infection rates back up to July levels (circa 50k per day) and Ireland closing nightclubs, surely its only a matter of time before further restrictions come in here. Alternatively, if we're all to "keep clam and party on" how can we avoid playing squads being decimated by Covid infections (in a best case scenario)?

Sorry to be a harbinger of doom, but are there contingency measures in place? By that I mean: will promotion/relegation still take place if the league season is once again curtailed? Will teams be forced to field youth teams in order to honour fixtures?

Just curious.

11 hours ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

...the Omicron variant wreaks havoc with non-league football? With infection rates back up to July levels (circa 50k per day) and Ireland closing nightclubs, surely its only a matter of time before further restrictions come in here. Alternatively, if we're all to "keep clam and party on" how can we avoid playing squads being decimated by Covid infections (in a best case scenario)?

Sorry to be a harbinger of doom, but are there contingency measures in place? By that I mean: will promotion/relegation still take place if the league season is once again curtailed? Will teams be forced to field youth teams in order to honour fixtures?

Just curious.

I know who you are! You’re Private Fraser from Dads Army?

I’ll now attach a 100 page disclaimer as this reply is what’s called a joke.

Looking forward to hearing of a Town win today.

No club or trade will escape the Omicron Wave I’m afraid.

I too believe that indoor bars/clubs etc will be forced to close and protect the NHS from a deadly spread , however the scientists  directive is we get the booster and continue as normal and responsibly.

as for our club, we have an outdoor serving bar and marquee as back up, great foresight and forward planning, no reason why any other club couldn’t achieve/prepare for such precautionary facilities as well, season should continue and teams forced to play with the best X1 at their disposal 

On 12/12/2021 at 10:22, Bottoms Up said:

No club or trade will escape the Omicron Wave I’m afraid.

I too believe that indoor bars/clubs etc will be forced to close and protect the NHS from a deadly spread , however the scientists  directive is we get the booster and continue as normal and responsibly.

as for our club, we have an outdoor serving bar and marquee as back up, great foresight and forward planning, no reason why any other club couldn’t achieve/prepare for such precautionary facilities as well, season should continue and teams forced to play with the best X1 at their disposal 

Are you saying the Town has someone who knew COVID 19 was coming?

Harlow Town have had a marquee for years and it just so happens that Donkey Lane has space between the main building and the pitch. Not many clubs have the space. 

On 07/12/2021 at 22:54, The Crowing Cockerel said:

8 Spurs players (so far) testing positive for Covid and reports that the club have asked to postpone the game against Brighton.

Can't see that Isthmian League squads are going to be immune.

Hendon have had to postpone several matches due to a Covid outbreak.

I suspect we might be having a couple of weeks off quite soon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/12/2021 at 13:32, andyetfc said:

Are you saying the Town has someone who knew COVID 19 was coming?

Harlow Town have had a marquee for years and it just so happens that Donkey Lane has space between the main building and the pitch. Not many clubs have the space. 

All clubs have had time to implement an alternative and temporary facility if they hadn’t already had one.

anyone not realising Covid is here for this winter and in 2022/23 is somewhat naive