Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Folkestone Invicta

seemgee

1 hour ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

I appreciate we've been winning and flying high in the table, but it is of note that fellow title/play-off challengers have moved to strengthen recently. Examples would be Worthing bringing in a striker from Dorking and Hornchurch signing Tom Wraight from Chelmsford. We've not been on this kind of streak since our days in the Ryman North, so I appreciate that this is uncharted territory, but should we be looking to strengthen still further even at the risk of losing a squad player or two?

Good question   but in current squad who would you not be sad to see go?   I think we have the strongest squad since we lost to Dulwich before the team was largely broken up.

The one area that always calls for improvement is a "midfield play maker".  Or two if that is possible. But they are hard to get of the shelf. That is where scouts come into play. But then you have to fit them into our system. Now that's where problems could start. 

One name that comes to mind is Crook!!!

After all he wouldn't be the first one to come back.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

2 hours ago, djwilf said:

Good question   but in current squad who would you not be sad to see go?   I think we have the strongest squad since we lost to Dulwich before the team was largely broken up.

I agree that this squad is as strong as any we have had - ever.

I don't think the question is 'who would I not be sad to see go?' but rather 'who would you want to bring in?'. If we were able to bring in a player who was an improvement on any we already had then I would be happy - albeit I wouldn't be happy to see the usurped player leave. Its the way of the sporting world. If we were able to bring in a player who scores 50 goals a season and in return let Mo and his 45 goals a season leave then you'd have to support that decision.

I think Billy Crook of a couple of years back would have added something to our current side. However he's only been occasionally playing for a struggling Tilbury side in the division below recently until a move to Aveley in the same division a couple of days back. At the tender age of 31 perhaps his best days are behind him?

People have mentioned the torrid time our defenders had but have not written about Folestone's tactics. They definitely out thought us. They played with strength down the left flank and this could be seen when we scored our second when they kicked off with 4 players on the half way line on the left flank. We had no answer to this and I think we needed an additional player on that side to match their force.

When they got the ball on the left they could play triangles and we were outnumbered.

Football is a simple game.

I used to moan about the negative style of Andy Leese with the immobile big front man but now we have a young quick unpredictable attacking style and it’s exciting to watch… it’s not going to come easy but we get our money’s worth…. We try to shore up the defence but in doing that we sacrifice LDV for long periods of the game…. ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK as the ultras sing… let’s just enjoy the season and see where we finish…..

On 06/12/2021 at 18:44, 4wembleyfinals said:

The one area that always calls for improvement is a "midfield play maker".  Or two if that is possible. But they are hard to get of the shelf. That is where scouts come into play. But then you have to fit them into our system. Now that's where problems could start. 

One name that comes to mind is Crook!!!

After all he wouldn't be the first one to come back.

not being funny (when am i ever funny) midfield playmaker  is ok if played on the ground , we dont big boot up field and .................... prey

4 hours ago, old towner said:

not being funny (when am i ever funny) midfield playmaker  is ok if played on the ground , we dont big boot up field and .................... prey

Oh come on OT sometimes you make us laugh, even when your being serious. 

At least you got the point especially when I said that a Midfield Playmaker.... would have to fit into our system.

2 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Oh come on OT sometimes you make us laugh, even when your being serious. 

At least you got the point especially when I said that a Midfield Playmaker.... would have to fit into our system.

Not sure about Mr  Crook , having read his verbal insults to Scott Shulton  3 years ago