Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Still along way to go.

4wembleyfinals

Who would have thought it. Margate taking Worthing to the cleaners. It shows that no one  in the league is unbeatable. It also proves that there is going to be a lot to play for before the league is decided. Forget games in hand etc, just take each game as it comes as there will be more up and downs from week to week right up to the very end.

Last Saturday is history and there are still plenty more games for us to win so long as we continue as we have started.

The above coming from me may surprise some but at last I'm starting to feel quite upbeat!!!!

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Yes 4WF - I was following with interest last night - when they were 2-0 up I did think back to our game Saturday!

I don't think any team in our league will run away with it (I think back to Woking in the 91/2 season ... that 5-0 at their place in November still hurts!) ..

.. so if we keep focus, keep the squad happy as we did at the weekend .. then who knows ..

Before then, we have our "free hit" on Saturday - is it fair to say its the biggest game in the club's history?

First priority for me is simply we give a good account of ourself, but with penalties after 90 mins, I am still secretly hoping we can nick a result - they will not want it to get to that stage and if they are chasing a result, our forward line are more than capable of catching them on the break ...

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/12/2021 at 23:08, 4wembleyfinals said:

Who would have thought it. Margate taking Worthing to the cleaners. It shows that no one  in the league is unbeatable. It also proves that there is going to be a lot to play for before the league is decided. Forget games in hand etc, just take each game as it comes as there will be more up and downs from week to week right up to the very end.

Last Saturday is history and there are still plenty more games for us to win so long as we continue as we have started.

The above coming from me may surprise some but at last I'm starting to feel quite upbeat!!!!

Yes agree 4WF.

not only did Margate beat Worthing and score 4 in the process but then went on and lost to lowly Wingate the following game.

One game plan at a time, January will be a tough month, Andy has stated we have 9 games to fit in, yet it all starts today with 3 games in a week starting with Cheshunt, Potters Bar then Cray .

Need about 7 points from those 9 to give a good platform for the next 7 games in January