Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cheshunt v Enfield Town

Bottoms Up

5 hours ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Unfortunately Cheshunt only have a handful of fans. That's why Albury and the other aliases he uses appear on here.

The lack of any decent sized fanbase is the reason why Cheshunt will always remain the plaything of a money man. It matters not that they have income streams generated by the facilities if the 5,000-capacity stadium will only ever see crowds 1/10th of that on a regular basis. Is the long-term goal really to see Cheshunt as a full-time club in the Football League? In which case that will take a lot of money and definitely isn't sustainable. The demise may not be as swift as Billericay's, but its inevitable. Mark my words, Cheshunt will be in one of the Isthmian League divisions in 10 years time.

Why mention Billericay? There is no comparison between Glenn Tamplin and our owner, Cheshunt FC is not his plaything he has done so much making it a community club and will continue to do so. Our support is growing gradually and as a club we are certainly not stagnating, to be honest with the massive support you believe you have there isn't that many on this forum. Not sure where you are getting the full time football league  and the 5,000 stadium info from, the new plans are for a 2,000 stadium to begin with. Has anyone seen Theo? he seems to have gone missing i just wanted to tell him that 16 games unbeaten isn't bad for a "two bob outfit" . Anyway as someone here said its getting boring now so thats all from me, have a happy new year everyone and you never know we may meet again in the play offs (by the way i'm not AW and he ain't me).

Barney mentioned the vile comments directed at Andy Leese from the Cheshunt fan base. Not chants about his physicality or any historic personal issues.

The shouts of ‘N+#ce’ and ‘Pae**phile’ were heard and was quite disgusting to hear, especially with so many Women and young children at the game as well.

If Cheshunt think their fan base will grow with those morons leading the support they’ll be in for a surprise, as it creates an atmosphere to stay clear of.

If the Williams had any metal about them they’d act on this and send an apologetic message to The ETFC manager.

A bit like Worthings statement following their game v’s Bognor yesterday ?

https://worthingfc.com/2021/12/club-statement-2021-12-29/

12 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Well said BU  and I totally agree with your comments.

Also I would have thought that shouting out such words of abuse would have been equally upsetting to long standing Cheshunt supporters.  For reasons best known to themselves!!!!! 

Talking to some Bishops Storford fans a couple of weeks ago they wasn't impressed with the behaviour of some of your fans, it happens not all football fans are saints.

Barney’s match summary is spot on. I thought we were the stronger team, certainly started both halves well. The equaliser was terrible defending, half the team seemed to have gone AWOL, but credit to Cheshunt for a clinical counter-attack and finish. There was a very odd 15 minutes or so phase half way through the second half when both teams and supporters were very flat, but it picked up with 20 minutes to go. The winning goal came against the run of play but once again the finish was clinical.

I thought the Cheshunt no. 5 was lucky to still be on the pitch before the Cunnington tackle. He had already been booked in the first half and persistent foul play alone should have seen him get a second yellow. But with our wayward shooting boots, I don’t think it was going to be our day anyway. We saw plenty of the ball but didn’t make nearly enough clear cut chances. Mo had an off day, kept trying to beat too many men too many times rather than passing it quickly and running into space (his strength). 

ETFC supporters must have out-numbered Cheshunt supporters 2 to 1, the fan base is there if we can produce the type of football people want to see. But I’m starting to worry that my attendance is a bad omen (the last game I saw was Stortford away), so feel free to tell me to stay away if we lose against Potters Bar!

10 hours ago, Sweetnicker said:

Talking to some Bishops Storford fans a couple of weeks ago they wasn't impressed with the behaviour of some of your fans, it happens not all football fans are saints.

That was two fans, and we've dealt with it. So quit the whataboutery and put your own house in order

You Townies really think your holier than thou don't you. 

The foul language from your end wasn't exactly a good advert for your club either . " Can you hear the Cheshunt sing etc etc..... I can't hear a xxxxing thing "  .Do you saintly people still want to play ping pong here ?? ?

2 hours ago, Albury_Walker said:

The foul language from your end wasn't exactly a good advert for your club either . " Can you hear the Cheshunt sing etc etc..... I can't hear a xxxxing thing "  .Do you saintly people still want to play ping pong here ?? ?

As it’s a town forum we do what we want , start your own forum you and sweetie pie can rant as much as you like. Both of you  or ar you one of the same to make  it look like there’s  lots !!! ??????????

2 hours ago, Albury_Walker said:

Fortunately AW, we are both merciful and forgiving. Despite your idiocy us Towners are able to forgive your vast and varied sins and wish you a prosperous New Year. Please pass this on to the other Cheshunt fan.

37 minutes ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Fortunately AW, we are both merciful and forgiving. Despite your idiocy us Towners are able to forgive your vast and varied sins and wish you a prosperous New Year. Please pass this on to the other Cheshunt fan.

I believe the key words here for you lot should be Pious, arrogant and sanctimonous ???. See you in the playoffs ...Thats if you have the staying power ????

Edited by Albury_Walker

12 minutes ago, Albury_Walker said:

I believe the key words here for you lot should be Pious, arrogant and sanctimonous ???. See you in the playoffs ...Thats if you have the staying power ????

Omg you swallowed the dictionary  or you looked it up in google ??????????‍♀️

6 hours ago, Father Jack said:

That was two fans, and we've dealt with it. So quit the whataboutery and put your own house in order

No prizes for guessing those two . The little foul mouthed gobby fella with the beard and his clone no doubt ???

Edited by Albury_Walker

18 hours ago, Albury_Walker said:

No prizes for guessing those two . The little foul mouthed gobby fella with the beard and his clone no doubt ???

You mean the club photographer and his brother who hasn't been to a game for 10 years? Try again.  Or rather don't bother

1 hour ago, Father Jack said:

You mean the club photographer and his brother who hasn't been to a game for 10 years? Try again.  Or rather don't bother

No !! Him with the beard was at the game when you won 3-2 .  Although he was quiet  . 

White beard red suit large sack drives a red rain deer reliant 28 wheeler. Omg you mean Santa reason why he was quiet wasn’t Christmas      Hohohohohohoho

Edited by old towner

The issue with Albert Walker and his SweetSnickers comments are that they are defending the vile homophobic chanting as if to condone accusations that someone is a Nonce or Paedophile.

The swearing is somewhat part of life and so long as it’s not inciting or aggressive towards anybody it is generally (unfortunately) accepted that nothing can be done to control it.

Nothing to do with anyone being on their high horse but an element of reality and acceptance