Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Potters Bar Town

seemgee

Bit of a mixed first half performance, Mo and Lyle both could’ve had hat tricks before the break if they were a bit sharper.

Certainly looked like they had a boot up the backside for the second half, going 2 up by the 50th minute, it was a matter of how many  we would score after going 2up.

Goalkeeper was very good , technically sound with his saves

First half definitely room for improvement. Mo had a couple of chances but so did Potters Bar, one fine shot in particular from Bilal Sayoud that grazed the post. Nil nil at half time was about right. But the game changed completely as soon as Mo pinched his first goal, getting a toe on the ball to roll it home from a 50/50 that he had no right to win. As soon as the first goal went in the team seemed to relax and pass the ball around nicely. Della Verde’s goal was a trademark shot from the edge of the area after a good passing move. The third goal was from a penalty that Mo made by skinning the Potters Bar CB and catching him out with a tricky turn in the box, cast iron penalty. I had a feeling he would get his hat-trick and it was well deserved, but my man of the match was split between Sam Youngs and Adam Cunnington, who both worked tirelessly and had fine games (Scott Thomas awarded actual MoM). 

Looked to me when Cunnington was sub’d that he was starting to struggle with an injury. We need to manage our substitutions and use the squad effectively over the rest of the month. Our schedule in January (9 league games) is absolutely ridiculous. We will do very well to stay in play-off contention with such a heavy workload at this time of the year. To be honest, we could do with some heavy rain leading to postponement of 1 or 2 matches to Feb. I haven’t looked at the playing schedule of our various play-off rivals, but 9 games in 31 days is really pushing it at our level. Will really test the fitness of the players who will need all our support to get through it.

30 minutes ago, Benjrider10 said:

First half definitely room for improvement. Mo had a couple of chances but so did Potters Bar, one fine shot in particular from Bilal Sayoud that grazed the post. Nil nil at half time was about right. But the game changed completely as soon as Mo pinched his first goal, getting a toe on the ball to roll it home from a 50/50 that he had no right to win. As soon as the first goal went in the team seemed to relax and pass the ball around nicely. Della Verde’s goal was a trademark shot from the edge of the area after a good passing move. The third goal was from a penalty that Mo made by skinning the Potters Bar CB and catching him out with a tricky turn in the box, cast iron penalty. I had a feeling he would get his hat-trick and it was well deserved, but my man of the match was split between Sam Youngs and Adam Cunnington, who both worked tirelessly and had fine games (Scott Thomas awarded actual MoM). 

Looked to me when Cunnington was sub’d that he was starting to struggle with an injury. We need to manage our substitutions and use the squad effectively over the rest of the month. Our schedule in January (9 league games) is absolutely ridiculous. We will do very well to stay in play-off contention with such a heavy workload at this time of the year. To be honest, we could do with some heavy rain leading to postponement of 1 or 2 matches to Feb. I haven’t looked at the playing schedule of our various play-off rivals, but 9 games in 31 days is really pushing it at our level. Will really test the fitness of the players who will need all our support to get through it.

It’s actually 10 games in 32 days, ridiculous.

nonetheless your voodoo is broken we won and you’re safe to return fir our next game