Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Cray Wanderers

Bottoms Up

A goal in the first few minutes of each half shows something is wrong.

I don't know how many times I have said in the past that in these periods of play you should be at your most cautious.  It is the time when you need to keep the ball or get it off the field so as the opposition can't use it until you settle. Especially as we have proved on several times that we have the ability to come strong in the final 15 minutes so long as we stay in the game.

This should be basic knowledge for any coach!!! But it seems to have gone out of the window these past few weeks.

Fortunately, we came good again.

Also I think from what I have read no team should take Cray for granted from now on.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Not sure what to make of that game, our defence was awful and our keeper didn’t really give you much confidence they ran through our midfield with ease it seemed it took awhile for us to adapt to the artificial surface too many over hit passes and many players slipping, Cray scored with there first attack but we managed to go in 2-2 at the break, Muleba didn’t appear for the second half and pk dropped back which in my opinion is a waste of his playing strengths 2 more home goals went in although one was an own goal and he was replaced, we pushed forward in numbers and despite some blatant time wasting by Cray we managed 2 more goals to gain a draw I’m sure if the game had gone on another 5-10 min would have scored again, I thought mo looked out of sorts delle-verde and Coker were lively Taaffe and Cunnington did well when they came on Taaffe especially scoring 2 goals a special mention must go to the referee who was very poor for both sides in the end getting a draw was a relief especially being 4-2 down although I feel this game was a missed opportunity as Cray were there for the taking as they are just an average team, we must sort the defence out for Lewes on Saturday as we can’t afford another poor defensive display, not sure where Joseph was today hopefully he will be back 

I almost didn't make this - boiler broke down on New Years Day ,, finally fixed at 1pm so a mad dash to the game!

Yes was frustrating and 2 points dropped - but impressed with our desire to chase the game and get the equaliser!

Going forward, plenty of good interplay, and to score 4 without Mo getting one himself - what are the odds of that!

Midfield and attack wise we look good. Coker is a very skilful individual who can go far - but if he improved his decision making would be twice the player - he did brilliantly to cut out the keepers pass - but rather than square to Mo for a tap in he elected to shoot - instead of us equalising we then went down 2-4 ..

Great performance by Taaffe - he put it in the net a 3rd time but it was blown up for a handball! And his chasing of a lost cause caught the keeper out at the end. My MOM - with so many games in the month it is important we rotate and keep players fresh, and performances like this deserve a start against Lewes!

Defence wise, well a similar story for a few weeks now. .. all seemed like weak goals.  I am  told Harold was working  .. we have 4 x centre backs, not sure if we have a best 2 - I think this is an area where we need to bring someone in who can organise us better. ? Controversial: Someone like the Cheshunt 5?

No sign of the new midfielder in the squad?

Still feeling optimistic - Worthing lose at Carshalton (thanks Harry Ottaway) - shows teams will take points  off each other. Win our games in hand and we are 4 pts off the top ..

I'd say the top 10 teams would all feel in with a shout of the play offs - we must be finishing top 5 in my view ..

Good assessment by Raingod as normal.

Ive never seen such poor defending by two teams this season, plus their GK was awful in comparison to the talent Cray had available to them on the outfield.

No easy games this season, everything is unpredictable, all we have to do is get the solid defensive unit organised again otherwise we’ll be dropping like a stone