Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Brightlingsea 1 Hornchurch 5

cup of tea

This has traditionally been a jinxed fixture for us and I’ve personally waited a long time to get a result here.  Think the tone of the match was set by a stunning goal from Lewwis Spence, smashed it into the top corner. Fully deserved win despite one of the opposing fans claiming that a disputed throw in made a difference! Good home support, their fans were cheering the home side on even at 1-5 down, really impressed by that.

Mixed results ahead of us but dare I say that the playoffs are a possibility? Let’s see where we go from here

Fantastic overall performance. Played some lovely stuff on a very difficult surface. Thought Ruff was a real class above today showing some lovely flicks and linking up well with the forward line capping his performance off with a well deserved goal also a special mention to Ola who looks a great signing. Well done lads!

An excellent performance all round to cap of a fantastic start to the new year.  I was very impressed with the link up play and the fast pace to take the game on from the first whistle.  Another Lewwis Spence wonder goal followed up by Ola Tobi and Ruff all scoring some excellent goals and we scored a penalty too.

It's also encouraging to see almost all of the players back from injury and getting fit into the new year at the right time to start clawing back some lost ground.  With some tough games against top 10 sides this month it will be a tough one that may determine how high we set the target for the end of this season but on today's display if the team keeps this going we will not need to be afraid of anyone but rather other teams will start to be feeling the heat from us.

for me I think Charlie Ruff and Ola Ogunwamide were the 2 best players today and really controlled the game but the rest of the side played their part in a solid team performance. 

Up The Urchins