Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Jake Cass

I see we've signed former Bishops Stortford striker Jake Cass. I did wonder a couple of days ago when I read he'd left BSFC whether we'd make a move for him. Its a strange one really. BSFC announced on twitter that he'd left the club, whereupon Cass replied that it was not quite an amicable parting of ways as he had wanted to stay!

Still, their loss is (hopefully) ETFC's gain!

I also read something about him taking an unplanned holiday ...

.. regardless feels like a great signing .. 

(we could still do with a CB though in my view)

Feeling lousy today so not going to make the trip to  Horsham - fingers crossed for a debut goal from Jake!

2 hours ago, Raingod said:

(we could still do with a CB though in my view)

Rubbish! If they score 4 we'll just score 5!

Faal, Cunnington, Della Verde, Coker and Cass.

Reminds me of the Ossie Ardiles Spurs side of the early 90s - Dumitrescu, Klinsmann, Anderton, Barmby and Sheringham - defensive duties = none.

• 2 months later...

Not usually one to criticise the Ref's decisions but I think the that if they had one the off field official would have sent him to the monitor. Seeing as how both players had raised studs. If Cass had not caught Mickey's boot it would have done him a lot of damage you know where!!!!

Possible appeal maybe????

11 minutes ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

Not usually one to criticise the Ref's decisions but I think the that if they had one the off field official would have sent him to the monitor. Seeing as how both players had raised studs. If Cass had not caught Mickey's boot it would have done him a lot of damage you know where!!!!

Possible appeal maybe????

Having just seen the footage I think its a red. Not the worst I've seen by any means, but studs up and high. Think he's best off taking his medicine.

Tend to agree, with DJW and TCC, he's high and a little reckless, but it's not the most dangerous thing I've seen. Don't think we'd be able to appeal it, as there's not a clear error. I wasn't there, but sounds like it was quite a physical game, and that red might have been the culmination.