Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bowers & Pitsea v Enfield Town

seemgee

No real surprise   always more comments at home than away.

Sounds like a convincing win....going back to BQ era...anyone know if we re scoring more goals in this current side?

Sure is fun to watch even if I couldnt get down yesterday.

Stortford game is building nicely.

Be nice to have a report on the game why did we concede against a poorer side  ie Margate are a better side and was a lock out??   Answer on a postcard and anyone not old enough for that , this was a way to reply to quizzes before twits and emails and texts 

Impressive win in difficult windy blustery conditions against a tough hard working B&P side. Their right midfielder Quentin Monville (number 7) looked decent and got alot of crosses in looking for their target man Lewis Manor (number 9).   B&P had a shout for a penalty in 1st half... I didn't see it but their fans behind the goal seemed to think it was a penalty. 

Lyles free kick was decent. Sam Youngs goal was contender for goal of the season. 

0-3 up at HT. Bowers had a decent spell and came back into it with a goal in 2nd half. 

Town could of scored a few more.... Cass got the goal he deserved from his work rate and running right at the end played in by Percy. 

Really looking forward to the Strortford game.. 

The Cold End sums it up well ..

I really do believe we are going up this season, so made sure I went yesterday as I haven't been there before.

Great free kick from Lyle at the start, Jerry tap in for the 2nd (no cartwheel this time after your attempt at Hadley!) after Mo got the ball outside the area and went past their right back to lay it across nicely ..

Sam's thunderbolt for the 3rd was amazing .. disappointed I wasn't standing right behind the goal when the 1st and 3rd went in!

To me, felt we were always going to win this one when we went ahead .. 2nd half was quieter and fair play to B&P their heads didnt go down ..

(their overweight capt did swear at a few of our fans at one point - wonder what we said about him!)

Great to get a late 4th - great run from PK and clinical from Cass - what a signing he is!

MOM could have gone to Lyle or Sam .. great to see Lyle staying up in a more attacking position rather than having to keep tracking back

OT - yes would have been nice to keep a clean sheet .. but it was a comfortable win so not the end of the world ..

DJW - back in 16/7 under BQ we scored 86 in 46 games (1.8 goals/game) and conceded 57 (1.2/game)

Currently in 21/2 we have scored 71 in 29 (2.4 goals/game) and conceded 40 (1.4/game) - so we are scoring 0.6 goals more/game and conceding 0.2 more.

When you look at the squad we had out yesterday - and missing were Harold, Maja, Elija the young RB, Cunnington & Coker, plus the other new signing,... we have a very strong squad now to cope with injuries and suspensions.

Folkestone dropped points yesterday (as did Stortford &  Hornchurch)- and are now 9pts off us with 3 games in hand ..

We have  only 3 games left against teams in the top 11 - whereas Worthing have 7 or 8 against "good" sides ... 

Thanks Raingod, a good summary of yesterday's match, and our chances of hitting pinnacle peak this season.

There is no getting away from it, we are on a great run, with a strong squad of players, a very experienced football management team, and as Martin Bentley reminds us in his excellent match report on the ETFC official website, Town have now won six of their last seven matches. If we keep this going anything is possible!

I wasn't at the match yesterday, but I am very much looking forward to getting up next Saturday to support our guys against Bishops Stortford, and the Worthing game down this way. Two massively important fixtures, let's have plenty of Town support at both matches,

Well done everyone. Let's hear it for Andy and the boys !

Raingod, thanks for that indepth review.  Andy really has turned us into a force this year.   Seems like we were worried about January but scoring goals for fun and not sure we've had a stronger team/squad for some years now.   Hopefully we can build on this as we head into the 2nd half of the season .....I don't think there's one team we should worry about....Lewes at home aside.

Like to add my appreciation for RG's report on Saturdays game. Also his clinical summation of our current position.

I am also pleased to admit that the management team have at last got together the right type of squad to achieve promotion. Particularly in obtaining Jake Cass who, although I have not seen him yet, has made a difference to our attacking options. 

It surely is going to be an exciting last third of the season. Let's hope we are the last man standing!!!!   I certainly will try soon to see some of it for myself.

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

Raingods summing up is spot on.

If anyone feels this forum is poor then should note of the ridiculous multiple comments made when we lose , we’re now nit picking why we let in a goal this week and not against Margate ?

For starters we beat a very good Bowers team with very good individuals which reached the FA Cup 1st Round beating Woking on the way. 

We capitalised in using the windy conditions in the first half , Lyle+Sam Youngs goals were  special whereas Jerrys goal was very well executed thanks to a trademark Mo touch line run in setting up the goal.

We still had second half chances yet at the same time defended brilliantly to stand up to Bowers pressure.

Bowers goal was also very good, a driven delivery from a free kick , a slight glance and the conditions left Nathan no chance.

Game was professionally managed in my opinion and brilliantly seen out by the players.

Bowers are no push overs and I fancy them to possibly get get a result at Folkestone on Tuesday and against other top half teams.

No easy games, everyone can beat each other, it’s just that we have Mo+Cass

Completely agree, a forum is only as good as its contributors, and it's very easy to sit back and criticise the lack of reports about away games whilst not attending the games and posting yourself. Nobody is obliged to post anything on here - it's not a subscription service, and we're relying on people to take the time to share their thoughts on games. Personally I'm very grateful for those that do, and accept that we're not going to get a write up (or even any comments) on every game, as not everyone can attend, and sometimes people have more pressing things to do with their time than post on internet forums.

Back to the game (which I didn't attend), it sounds like we played well against a decent side, and were well worth the 3 points - thanks BU and RG for sharing your thoughts on the match.

Edited to add - having watched the highlights, there were some really good goals, especially Youngs!

Edited by Barney

1 hour ago, Barney said:

Completely agree, a forum is only as good as its contributors, and it's very easy to sit back and criticise the lack of reports about away games whilst not attending the games and posting yourself. Nobody is obliged to post anything on here - it's not a subscription service, and we're relying on people to take the time to share their thoughts on games. Personally I'm very grateful for those that do, and accept that we're not going to get a write up (or even any comments) on every game, as not everyone can attend, and sometimes people have more pressing things to do with their time than post on internet forums.

Back to the game (which I didn't attend), it sounds like we played well against a decent side, and were well worth the 3 points - thanks BU and RG for sharing your thoughts on the match.

Edited to add - having watched the highlights, there were some really good goals, especially Youngs!

I’m not disagreeing with what is said  and yes people have given up there time  to share there thoughts on the game  good or bad so please stop moaning when something bad is put on here they may have a valid reason 

a forum is for fans to say what they feel be it good or bad  

16 minutes ago, old towner said:

I’m not disagreeing with what is said  and yes people have given up there time  to share there thoughts on the game  good or bad so please stop moaning when something bad is put on here they may have a valid reason 

a forum is for fans to say what they feel be it good or bad  

Without wanting to get drawn into a debate which will endlessly go round in circles, I probably should respond since you quoted my post. I personally do not moan when something bad is put on here - although I might question it, especially if I feel it isn't constructive. If you check my posting history, I'm critical of the team and management at times myself, but I try to offer a balanced and reasoned opinion on what I think is wrong, and what I think we might do to put it right.