Fans Focus - Non League Football

Worthing v Enfield Town

seemgee

51 minutes ago, Raingod said:

For those of us not there, Worthing have live radio coverage - see their Twitter site.. 

Attacking line up for us .. fingers crossed …

They are crossed not working 

Listening to the Worthing chairman after the game it's very telling how surprised he was at our long ball game. He clearly expected a tougher game but said we played into their hands. I know this is a bit mischievious but it feels like someone said, "Tell the lads to ease off a bit 'cos the club can't afford to go up. We can't play that 'misspelling a player's name' again stunt."

That's the only thing I can come up with for the fall in performance. Am I being naughty? Has anyone at the club suggested anything better?

3 minutes ago, Crusty Lee said:

Listening to the Worthing chairman after the game it's very telling how surprised he was at our long ball game. He clearly expected a tougher game but said we played into their hands. I know this is a bit mischievious but it feels like someone said, "Tell the lads to ease off a bit 'cos the club can't afford to go up. We can't play that 'misspelling a player's name' again stunt."

That's the only thing I can come up with for the fall in performance. Am I being naughty? Has anyone at the club suggested anything better?

Management not good enough 

Listened to the Worthing live commentary. Disappointing but I think the Wingate game away was the one that really knocked our confidence. Worthing and Bishop’s Stortford are both strong teams and deserve to finish above us in the table.

Was surprised to see Faal, Cass, Sayoud and Cunnington start. If we learned anything from the Wingate game, it is that we are better balanced with Della Verde in the starting 11. Need to get back to winning ways quickly if we are going to make the play-offs now. Having said that, and on the back of 3 straight defeats in the league, I still think we have had a good season (cue accusations of lack of ambition) ?

I imagine the players aren't allowed to talk but does anyone know what any of them think? Are they doing what they're told or ignoring it?

I agree we've had a good season and still have every chance. I have a saying that the table doesn't lie but it doesn't tell the whole truth either. We are still 3rd despite the results but clearly the season could fall away alarmingly.