Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Corinthian Casuals

seemgee

Truly forgettable game played in blustery conditions we did enough in the first half and went In 2 up but in the second half with the wind against us our long ball game suffered greatly we really should have started playing it more on the deck a bit more but we didn’t and therefore we were pinned back in our own half for long periods relying on last ditch defending to keep us in front, Bray was deservedly given MOM another penalty miss by mo in the second half he missed the target completely, main plus from this game was the 3 points 

If Faal had taken his chances we would have won 4-1. His misses demonstrate that he is at the right level and should put dreams of football league to one side. Carl Richards didn't miss those sort of chances and he never made it at football league level. Paul Furlong made it at Football League level but was a far better finisher. Peter Feeley scored a goal with his backside for Chelsea but that was his only claim to fame. All of those players were better finishers than Faal.

As the rebel said it was a wind game of two halves…first half long balls ..flick ons .. long throws… perfect for us… a Young’s flick on met by a Cunnington side foot in gave us the perfect start..  the second was thanks to a Sam Young’s scream of the season… the ref wasn’t even looking but the scream was enough for him to point to the spot… Second half different game… our long balls not reaching the half way line and our passing going astray… no surprise to see Mo miss again from the spot… how many misses is that ?? ….with that ridiculous run up there is no power and no height …if the keeper guesses right it’s an easy save…. or in this case yards wide….results going our way helps alleviate the pain of a dreadful half of football and with the top teams still playing each other things are really looking good for the play offs..  

Edited by Theodopolous

I've always thought Mo needs to get himself a gym membership, get much bigger, stronger, better in the air and more robust if he wants to make it in the Football League. Thats going to take time and commitment on the part of both Mo and any club. Bolton took a punt on him and it didn't work out. Barnet likewise when they took him on loan. My view is that while he is technically very good, and there is no lack of self-belief, he currently lacks the physicality to play above Isthmian Prem level. Is he any better than the likes of Sam Higgins (275 goals in 10 seasons at East Thurrock) or Alex Read (now 200+ goals for Harlow - including 52 in one season!)? I'd say not at the moment. I don't blame him for wanting to play higher, but I can see him back at this level fairly soon if he were to leave at the end of the season.

On 20/03/2022 at 10:07, Steph said:

If Faal had taken his chances we would have won 4-1. His misses demonstrate that he is at the right level and should put dreams of football league to one side. Carl Richards didn't miss those sort of chances and he never made it at football league level. Paul Furlong made it at Football League level but was a far better finisher. Peter Feeley scored a goal with his backside for Chelsea but that was his only claim to fame. All of those players were better finishers than Faal.

To be fair Carl Richards did make it at football league level..Playing over 150 games for four clubs (Bourmouth,Birmingham,Peterbrough,Blackpool)..Scoring over 30 goals..But i get your point.

21 hours ago, lovely stuff said:

To be fair Carl Richards did make it at football league level..Playing over 150 games for four clubs (Bourmouth,Birmingham,Peterbrough,Blackpool)..Scoring over 30 goals..But i get your point.

Correction noted. He also had a football brain. I will never forget the goal he scored against us at Bromley. Free kick about 5 yards in our own half by the side line and I could see the gap between the wall and the goal post. A pin point shot from distance left the goal keeper with no chance.