Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Well that wasn't boring

You start with an outfield player in goal there's always an element of risk and so Bognors second goal  proved,goal of the season ?,end to end stuff,excellent advert for the non league,Lewwis almost grabbed the winner with a thunderbolt that smashed the foot of the post,still in the chasing pack,roll on Tuesday up the Urchins 

Well lots of goals, incredibly brave performance from Joe in goal, well done to him. Just unfortunate with a covid affected side , always likely to be a high scoring game. We had chances to win it but it just didn’t work out for us today. Still in the playoff mix and we move onto what could be a big game next week. Very good crowd today. COYU

Very difficult with an outfield player in goal.  We could honestly have scored at least 6 with tremendous attacking play.  Other results were generally kind. Massive game Tuesday. 

Made for an interesting game, but how have you ended-up fielding a midfielder in goal? I appreciate Joe was suspended, but given your embarrassment of riches when it comes to outfield options, surely you've got a reserve keeper somewhere? I know that Enfield, for example, have a young keeper off playing elsewhere on dual registration. Presumably he'd be called back in the event of injury or suspension. Was it due to this Covid outbreak I've read about?

41 minutes ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Made for an interesting game, but how have you ended-up fielding a midfielder in goal? I appreciate Joe was suspended, but given your embarrassment of riches when it comes to outfield options, surely you've got a reserve keeper somewhere? I know that Enfield, for example, have a young keeper off playing elsewhere on dual registration. Presumably he'd be called back in the event of injury or suspension. Was it due to this Covid outbreak I've read about?

Tested positive for covid I believe

3 minutes ago, MikeMike said:

Yep, reserve keeper tested positive for Covid and league wouldn't allow an emergency loan according to Mark Stimson interview.

Ah ok, that makes sense.

Although maybe its something they can bring in next season - every player in the squad has to take a turn in goal over the season?

I've watched Jordan since he made his way into Thurrock's first team as a teenager. He played in several positions as a utility player until he was the bottom of a diamond formation where he went from strength to strength. I recall he originally started playing centre half as cover for injuries but quickly made the position his own but always looking to surge forwards even in a game as important as an FA Trophy final. With Joe Christou deputising in goal and others missing through illness we're so lucky to have so many players who can step up.