Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Brightlingsea Regent v Enfield Town

seemgee

Well that wasn't how the script was meant to go ...!!   

We started ok in blustery conditions and created a few chances ... their keeper dropped a corner for Cass to ram home .. and everything felt fine ..

They started to play their way into it a bit more .. though dont remember Nathan having much to do save wise .. then scored just before half time .. I wasnt looking but the consensus seemed to be it was a poor goal to concede .. and could have been an own goal ..

Jerry went off imjured mid way through the half - hope its not serious hes been in great form .. and Nathan slotted in for him ..

2nd half was poor - they were the better side and seemed to want it more than us ...

We made an attacking sub with LDV replacing Maja - which surprised me .. but did show intent for us to try and win it .. 

With Taafe and LDV on the pitch I would have put Mo up top where he can do most damage .. they were clearly going to focus on him .. and I hear they are the only team he hasnt scored against this season ...

It could have been fine - Mo broke through and put the ball in the net with 10 to play - but it was offside - didn't look it to me ..

Then in the last minute we gave a way a free kick .. and after we partially cleared they smashed it home to go mad (reminded me of our 2014 Great Escape type celebrations!)

The ref didnt have a great game, a few of their players were whinging a lot, but in truth we did not deserve the win ..

Mo clapped the fans briefly then rushed off down the tunnel .. Andy was clearly angry too ...

So a poor performance but after 6 straight wins .. maybe better to get this out of our system now ..

Sammy, Lewis and Scott all had good games in my view ..

So what has changed - well with Lewes, Folkestone and Cheshunt all drawing - we only need 1 point to be matheatically in the play offs ..

Our chance of getting to 2nd seems unlikely now ... so it is likely to be us v Hornchurch - venue tbc depending on the last few matches .. but more likely to be at theirs now ..

Yes we've done the double over them, but with 3 ex Towners in the side it will be a tough one that could go either way ...

And from what I saw on Tuesday they have 3 quick forwards we need to be prepared to counter ..

Having been reluctant to change a winning side, I now expect PK & LDV to start the next game ...  

Bilal should be given a chance too, and Harold and Muleba need some game time ... we should rotate a bit next few games to get the team combination right for the semi, and ensure all the squad are ready should they be needed ...

I am told Adam's injury is not serious which is great news ..  he should be starting if fit in my view

So a bad day at the office .. but its all about being ready for the semi now .. despite being frustrated, I still clapped off the team at the end .. they have come a long way .. and we still have this within our hands ....  we're all in this together ...