Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Cray 0 Hx 5

cup of tea

Well what a way to go up to 3rd. First half we were exposing their right flank and getting some useful balls across. Well worked goal. Second half started a lot tighter with Cray really working hard and with a bit of luck could have got back into the game. Hornchurch always looked dangerous though and the second goal really put us in the driving seat and the 3rd effectively ended the contest with the last two goals being a really nice bonus. Really good support from our fans today, be required in the next few weeks. Deserved win and barring a mathematical catastrophe we’re in the playoffs. Good performances all around today. Coyu

I think 5-0 flattered us. They closed down well and got a lot of 2nd balls and the 15 (Yila?) was a handful. A couple of shots that Joe could only watch go wide. A little bad luck and it could have been very different. 

But each of our goals when they came were well constructed and clinical like a hot knife through butter and not the first time we've had 5 goals from 5 different players. And good to see the substitutes heavily involved in the goals. 

Given our last 3 league fixtures 2nd place is still possible although 6 goals difference and 3 points is quite a challenge. 

A fantastic team performance yesterday.  I thought after the first goal we would put a few more in before halftime however a poor linesman call and and a few shots missing the target meant Cray hung on to halftime.  Second half Cray seemed to up their game and really give it everything to try and get back in the game and made life very uncomfortable until the 2nd goal.  I agree with Mikemike that a bit more luck for Cray in that period and it may have become a different game.

However if your going to be a top side and complete you have to find a way trough those periods and I thought we kept our shape and moving the ball about when w had it enough to gain a 2nd and make the game safe which when it cam was a well worked move and deserved goal for Nash.  a 2-0 result probably would have been a fair reflection but then with our substitutes we seemed to move up a few dears and Cray lost their way entirely to allow first Brown to ghost in off the right then Ruff to score diving header off a rebound and lastly and deservedly a Joseph goal to finish the match 

Not a bad day out at all for a Sunday afternoon and almost certainly in playoff's just now need to find the right place in the final table to give us the best possible set up and keep our players fit for the run in to those games.

It's going to be exciting and nervous times in those playoffs but i believe this team can win it.

Up the Urchins

11 hours ago, PONY TAILED URCHIN said:

Not a bad day out at all for a Sunday afternoon and almost certainly in playoff's

Hey PTU, we're mathematically guaranteed a playoff place as Lewes and Folkestone are both 10 points behind with 3 games to play so clear your diary for Wednesday 27th :)

9 minutes ago, MikeMike said:

Hey PTU, we're mathematically guaranteed a playoff place as Lewes and Folkestone are both 10 points behind with 3 games to play so clear your diary for Wednesday 27th :)

slight oversight on the points.  Yes 27th is in the dairy we just need to see if it' Home or Away i'm hoping for a home Semi Final