Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Hard watch

urchinman1961

Mixed feelings about today terrible terrible watch but then again we knew we were in a play off position 2 months ago we would have smashed them onwards and upwards to Wednesday whatever will be will be up the Urchins 

Disappointing today but these type of games happen but I think we was just unlucky with a few things, hopefully we will improve for the play offs ??and also we should off secured 3rd spot ages ago but these things happen and it part of football, hopefully it doesn’t matter and we go to Enfield town on Wednesday and get a result ??? whatever happens I will be Hornchurch forever and will get behind the boys for the play offs and definitely next season whatever league we are in and hopefully the national league south ??? but let’s wait and see.

Come on you Urchins!!!!! 

A number of factors yesterday. Firstly, the team didn’t look like they were playing like they were , hoping getting back to the strongest team without any rotation will resolve that but we were definitely lacking a bit of width and the interplay want as good as it usually was.  Secondly the pitch was a tad bumpy and looked a very hard surface to play on. Not a lot the club can realistically do about that. Thirdly, Wingate actually look like a decent side. Their goalkeeper pulled off two saves that were outstanding and they certainly didn’t look like a side whose season was over.

Overall then a disappointing day in the office but none of this matters if we go to Enfield and win on Wednesday. Expecting a hard game but we’re due a win against them and I’m expecting a far different performance than yesterday. COYU

4 hours ago, cup of tea said:

A number of factors yesterday. Firstly, the team didn’t look like they were playing like they were , hoping getting back to the strongest team without any rotation will resolve that but we were definitely lacking a bit of width and the interplay want as good as it usually was.  Secondly the pitch was a tad bumpy and looked a very hard surface to play on. Not a lot the club can realistically do about that. Thirdly, Wingate actually look like a decent side. Their goalkeeper pulled off two saves that were outstanding and they certainly didn’t look like a side whose season was over.

Overall then a disappointing day in the office but none of this matters if we go to Enfield and win on Wednesday. Expecting a hard game but we’re due a win against them and I’m expecting a far different performance than yesterday. COYU

If our pitch is so bad perhaps we have a better chance playing away.  All part of the plan ?

49 minutes ago, littleurchin said:

The Enfield pitch is crap to apparently 

Afraid its rock hard and bobbly. There's no real way of getting enough water on it, I'm afraid. Both teams can play attractive football, but I've already resigned myself to an evening of hoof-ball.

18 hours ago, The Crowing Cockerel said:

Afraid its rock hard and bobbly. There's no real way of getting enough water on it, I'm afraid. Both teams can play attractive football, but I've already resigned myself to an evening of hoof-ball.

The pitch team spent 4 days on our pitch last week we watered and cut it for 3 and even hired a 5 ton roller to try and flat it and still they moan.

22 minutes ago, blackballed said:

The pitch team spent 4 days on our pitch last week we watered and cut it for 3 and even hired a 5 ton roller to try and flat it and still they moan.

We all know the hard work and effort you guys put into the pitch without any reward asked for and I’ve seen far worse this season, we know where the problem is with the pitch which is beyond your control. Appreciate everything you do

2 hours ago, blackballed said:

Of course we all appreciate the time people put in to the club however there's no escaping the fact it was rock hard and it plays a massive part in how we play. I don't have any knowledge/reasonings behind this like some of you seem to have however.