Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield v Hornchurch Play Off Semi

Raingod

So the big day is almost upon us and I'm really excited ... brings back memories of Dulwich in 2017 but also the heroics v Grays in 2012 - 10 years ago!

I am feeling confident, predicting 2-0 to the Town ... and a Cheshunt upset meaning we face them at home in the final ..

THIS kind of occasion is precisely the reason we formed ETFC in June 2001. Our little club has come a long way since that dusty, roped-off pitch in Brimsdown. The thought of a play-off semi-final for a spot in The National League taking place IN ENFIELD with around 2,000 fans in attendance was completely and utterly beyond my wildest dreams 21 years ago, and yet here we are.

Very proud of the people who had the courage and passion to put this club together.

Delighted for the players and management who have had an incredible season - the best in the history of the club.

No reason we can't go all the way! Come on Town!!!

My bag is packed, my hotel is booked, and I will shortly be leaving the south coast for my 100-mile drive to the QE2 Stadium, to support The Town in tonight's play-off semi-final.

This is a massive occasion. we have had a brilliant season, chalked up some great results, and now we have the chance to cap it all with a place in the place in the play-off final, and promotion.

Andy Leese, his football management team, and players, have done fantastically well to get us to this stage, and tonight we face opponent's who we have already played and beaten twice this season.

We have home advantage, and we will be playing in front of our biggest crowd of the season. Home support will be electric and will have a great influence on the outcome. Our support against Bognor last Saturday was amazing. Well done guys !  Let's have more of the same tonight, and really raise the roof in support of our players, who will be giving their all to deliver the result we all want.

Good luck tonight everyone, see you there.  Let's hear it for our guys.  ' COME ON THE TOWN '

Right here we go....

McDonald, Muleba, Kirwan, Cass, Bray, Gyebi, Kiangebeni, Maja, Cunnington, Faal, Youngs

Joseph, Taaffe, Connolly, Della-Verde, Sayoud

everything crossed, lucky underpants etc. Good luck Town

The atmosphere made up for a poor game on a dreadful pitch … any football was impossible…. Joke defending was our downfall as it has been on numerous occasions… of course players are responsible for their performances but again I ask what was Nathan doing… this was happening in front of him in front of goal as a senior player he has to be more vocal … losing was bad but missing out on a promotion playoff with Cheshunt is pretty sick…. Missing out on promotion isn’t the end of the world… travelling longer distances with the probable relegation battle is not that appealing as Cheshunt or Hornchurch will find out… when we are ready it will happen…..

Disappointing that we couldn’t see out the last few minutes we started to sit deep after we went 2-1 in front the defence was quite solid for most of the game,it wasn’t the most attractive of games again we were guilty of playing too much hoof ball, the referee didn’t cover himself in glory tonight he made many strange calls throughout the game, good luck to cheshunt in the final Hornchurch are not the best of teams. 

On 26/04/2022 at 22:44, The Crowing Cockerel said:

THIS kind of occasion is precisely the reason we formed ETFC in June 2001. Our little club has come a long way since that dusty, roped-off pitch in Brimsdown. The thought of a play-off semi-final for a spot in The National League taking place IN ENFIELD with around 2,000 fans in attendance was completely and utterly beyond my wildest dreams 21 years ago, and yet here we are.

Very proud of the people who had the courage and passion to put this club together.

Delighted for the players and management who have had an incredible season - the best in the history of the club.

No reason we can't go all the way! Come on Town!!!

Post and rail around the dusty pitch with the orange fencing put up and taken down every game before the fencing and stands went up. Never a rope.

1 hour ago, Theodopolous said:

The atmosphere made up for a poor game on a dreadful pitch … any football was impossible…. Joke defending was our downfall as it has been on numerous occasions… of course players are responsible for their performances but again I ask what was Nathan doing… this was happening in front of him in front of goal as a senior player he has to be more vocal … losing was bad but missing out on a promotion playoff with Cheshunt is pretty sick…. Missing out on promotion isn’t the end of the world… travelling longer distances with the probable relegation battle is not that appealing as Cheshunt or Hornchurch will find out… when we are ready it will happen…..

Here you go again Theo how about giving us a bit of praise for beating the team with the best home record in the league. Whoever wins out of us the Hornchurch i'm pretty sure both sides will be ready for the challenge, you however will have to wait and you would love to have the opportunity, admit it you are gutted.