Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The story so far…

well three pre season matches completed what does everyone think so far…. Cockfosters a scrappy game on a dreadful dry sand dune of a pitch where LDV stood out a mile….then a really impressive defensive display against Spurs where I was really impressed with the young keeper constantly organising the defence …then the struggle against a really good Maidstone side on a pitch which must give them a massive home advantage with our players slipping and not turning on it….  Worried about Scott Thomas … his poor passing continued from early last season … quite like Frempah who seems composed and also Lucas Jordan who came on and actually attacked the defence something that had been lacking with no LDV…. We really need a flair player who can run at defences… Taffe ..Sam and Thomas gives  us a very static midfield…. Looks like we could have a bigger squad than usual and we will learn more from games against teams from our level…..

Appreciate the input Theo (less so the second post - personally, I rarely check the forum at weekends), it's good to hear what's happening in games as I don't often get a chance to go to pre-season friendlies. I can only comment on the retained players really: I'm not sure Thomas is quite the player he was in his first couple of seasons with us, and I hope that injuries haven't taken their toll, if he can get back to his previous levels, then he's a very important player. Likewise Taaffe, who I think is a really intelligent player when fit, can unlock a defence and has a footballing brain. Shulton was decent under Quinton, but again another one who may not be able to reach previous levels. Good to see us retain Kirwan, who I think was in the running for player of the year last season and will hopefully continue to improve, and Cass is a proven striker at this level, and I think will do well. Any views on Wyllie or Dayton?