Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

HAYES V ENFIELD

Raingod

Managed to get to my first Enfield game of the season at the weekend after 2 weeks in Turkey .. new ground, although Yeading's previous ground was apparently where the car park now is!

Ground was very impressive as you approach, nice stand down one side, though not much behind either goal ... and apparently looks half finished inside!

As for the game, well difficult to read too much into it - their side was largely their first XI as they kick off next week .. in reality we had probably no more than 4 or 5 of the expected starters against Folkestone ... 

They were by far the better side and could have had more .. we had a couple of chances falling to Bilal and Taafe, but not much.. Our new centre back Richmond had a mare in the first half, but was better in the 2nd ...

Great to see Shulton back at the club, one trademark late tackle and some good interceptions!

All the goals we conceded were good but from distance, and I felt we could have closed down earlier  - I thought the same when I saw our Maidstone goals against (has there been any other pre season recordings? Not seen anything)

Right back Spencer looked decent too ...

Second half we looked far better, moving to 3 at the back and a number of changes ... great to see McLean back, bulked out as a pro, and that experience will be invaluable ..

Our no 19 (collectively unsure who he was?) put in an energetic showing in the middle ..

Marcus looks like he has a lot of potential up front .. took his goal well and set up the 2nd well ..

Really impressed with the  touches from Wilkes when he came on - including a great through ball for Marcus' goal - really pleased he has signed today ..

So mixed thoughts at this stage for the season  .. great we have kept the majority of the squad together - hats off to the management team for doing so ... Jerry and Mani are ambitious and I assume would have stayed had we gone up; PK dropping a level is surprising - there is the social media angle; Harold to Cray was a surprise - he was great until his injury then couldn't get back in the side .. And Mo is expected to go anyway ..  

.. better pre season than last year where we finished 3rd ..

Defence was our biggest issue last season - on paper Spencer looks great and a fit Josh is key to play the ball out from the back more ... but  not a settled unit yet ...

Tough league but play offs have to be the aim again ...

First half we were awful. Lack of communication at the back and midfield did not relieve the pressure on defence.

Second half we were far better and deserved the two goals. As stated above the number 19, who I saw in an earlier game when he played more forward, is an excellent prospect and hope he will sign for us.