Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Anagram Records Trophy - 2022/23

On 25/03/2023 at 11:18, Rhodes said:

There should be a decent attendance at Abbey Road this afternoon on what is Non League Day if you hadn't noticed. AFC Walcountians are currently fifth in the Surrey Premier County League but with games in hand of the leading Club's, they are 'no mugs' and have beaten Cricklewood Wanderers and Toby FC en route to this Quarter Final stage of the competition as well as being on a good current run of three successive League wins. Old Bradwell United will travel to Herts Senior County League Premier Division leaders Bush Hill Rangers if, as fully expected, they win the tie this afternoon with the other Semi Final being between Herts Senior County League Premier Division current third and second place sides Chipperfield Corinthians and Belstone. Both Semi Final ties are scheduled to take place next Saturday (1 April) meaning that Buckingham United would be left 'high and dry' being due to travel to Abbey Road for a League fixture: 

The Herts Senior Division & Spartans Division 2 seem like really under rated league. Every year there's teams representing those two leagues in the latter stages of the Anagrams. Old Bradwell are my favourites to win it this year, although iv'e heard good thing's about Bush Hill Rangers and Belstone, Don't know anything about Chipperfield Corinthians.

Not sure what has happened to Munchkin on here but no doubt he was at Abbey Road on Saturday to witness the thrilling Quarter Final tie which Old Bradwell United managed to win 5-4 on penalties following a pulsating 2-2 draw after ninety minutes. The penalty shoot out was a nail biter to put it mildly with the visitors 3-1 ahead at one point, and with one foot firmly in the Semi Final, however goalkeeper Liam Jahn made a critical stop at 3-2 with Ewan Keene, Josh Bird and Shaun Ennis then all going on to clinically convert their kicks.  A very nice match programme was produced by the Club and good luck to them in the Semi Final at Herts Senior County League Premier Division leaders Bush Hill Rangers on Saturday (1 April), kick off 3.00pm:

https://issuu.com/obufc/docs/obufc_programme_-_25.03.23_afc_walcountians_art

On 27/03/2023 at 13:38, Rhodes said:

good luck to them in the Semi Final at Herts Senior County League Premier Division leaders Bush Hill Rangers on Saturday (1 April), kick off 3.00pm)

An interesting afternoon in prospect at Theobalds Lane, Bush Hill Rangers groundshare with Cheshunt FC and top the Herts Senior County League Premier Division: 

What a win for Old Bradwell United on Saturday and they will meet Herts Senior County League Premier Division Belstone in the Final on Saturday 13 May at Uxbridge FC, Belstone defeated Chipperfield Corinthians 4-1 in the other Semi Final tie:

• 1 month later...
On 03/04/2023 at 14:43, Rhodes said:

What a win for Old Bradwell United on Saturday and they will meet Herts Senior County League Premier Division Belstone in the Final on Saturday 13 May at Uxbridge FC, Belstone defeated Chipperfield Corinthians 4-1 in the other Semi Final tie

Belstone certainly won't be pushovers tomorrow afternoon at Honeycroft, the Final gets coverage in the London Football Guide (TLFG) which should add to the attendance:

http://www.tlfg.uk/2023/05/tlfg-9-14-may-2023.html

Anagram Records Trophy Final
Belstone v Old Bradwell United @3pm - aka the Capital Counties Feeder League Trophy, this knockout competition is for clubs, primarily in the 11th tier, who don't qualify to compete in the FA Vase. The final is taking place at Uxbridge FC. If you want to make a day of it, the same venue is hosting the MCFL Division 1 Cup Final between Ickenham and Hayes & Hillingdon at 745pm.

Lets get ready to rumble then:

Good luck to Old Bradwell United this afternoon at Honeycroft to complete a clean sweep of trophies this season, other than the Challenge Trophy:

A comfortable 4-0 win for Belstone this afternoon at Uxbridge in front of a crowd of around 150-ish.

Two goals from Ollie Salami and two penalties from Billy Lobjoit, and, really, there could have been more.  For a side having just won their League, Old Bradwell's defending was woeful at times.

I've watched a lot of Herts County stuff this season, and on balance, I would suggest that the top three or four, (Chipperfield, Bush Hill, Sandridge, Belstone), are on their day better than anything I've seen In SSML 2.  Not something that could often be said with much confidence in recent years.

Another Cup Final for Belstone on Tuesday night at Rayners Lane.  Bring it on... 

Well known groundhopper 'Tales From The Riverbank', from another Forum, was at Honeycroft however I am unable to post his comprehensive report as he seems to have needlessly 'encrypted' it, I assume he crossed paths with Agamemnon3 in what was a disappointing attendance. Another groundhopper from another Forum was also present, I know that Savagebee likes Honeycroft although I don't think he is 'a fetishist', an interesting term to use:

Belstone 4 Old Bradwell United 0. Anagram Records Trophy Final at Uxbridge FC. Admission: £5. Programme: £1 (MK production, v good). Crowd: 150 approx.
At least 15 years since I visited Honeycroft. It is a fine venue, cover on all four sides, with plenty of quirks to satisfy stadium fetishists (such as the wonky roof on one of the two seated stands), yet today reminded me why Uxbridge are poorly supported - the place is hidden away behind an industrial estate.
Third in Herts County League versus third in Spartan South Mids Division Two, so an interesting match-up but, ultimately, this was a one-sided contest.
Belstone took an early lead when a diagonal ball went over the head of Old Bradwell's left-back and found Ollie Salami who surged into the box and fired past Liam Jahn into the net.
Not long afterwards a fierce shot hit the underside of the Old Bradwell keeper's crossbar but the ball bounced in front of the goal line.
Just before the half-hour, Belstone were awarded a penalty, which Billy Lobjoit converted by sending Jahn the wrong way.
Salami scored an excellent third goal for Belstone in the second half. Again, he was found on the right, held off his marker and finished past Jahn.
Soon after Belstone were awarded a penalty for handball. Again, Lobjoit scored.
Two relatively big-hitting shirt sponsors on show today - energy firm Utilita (Old Bradwell) and car dealer Citygate (Belstone).

Sorry to do this to Munchkin but some video highlights of the action from Honeycroft on Saturday:

A glimpse of the sacred match programme from Saturday's Final, there doesn't appear to be an on-line version unless Munchkin is aware:

Not SSML, but just a correction to my earlier post, in which I said 'another Cup Final for Belstone on Tuesday'.

Tonight's game was a semi-final, rather than the Final, of the Aubrey Cup -- obviously getting a bit carried away there...

Anyway, a very tired Belstone limped into the Final with a 1-0 win over Hatfield Town at Rayners Lane this evening.

They will meet Ware Sports in the Final at Colney Heath FC on Saturday. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, agamemnon3 said:

According to a recent post on another forum, the draw for the first round of this season's competition will be held on Friday, (Sept 1st). 

yeah I saw it earlier, if you get the draw on Friday please post it in this thread.

On 30/08/2023 at 22:02, agamemnon3 said:

According to a recent post on another forum, the draw for the first round of this season's competition will be held on Friday, (Sept 1st). 

Agamemnon3 - I wonder whether Football Man, 'previously of this Parish' to use your own words about someone else, will be presiding over the draw tomorrow and pulling the numbers out of the velvet bag himself. I will post a new thread for the 2023/24 competition as soon as I get wind of the draw.

Edited by Rhodes

6 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Agamemnon3 - I wonder whether Football Man, 'previously of this Parish' to use your own words about someone else, will be presiding over the draw tomorrow and pulling the number out of the velvet bag himself. I will post a new thread for the 2023/24 competition as soon as I get wind of the draw.

please link the thread here on this thread for people that can't find it mate.

The poster, as you say, formerly of this parish, is Chair of the Middlesex County League, and is also a member of the London FA, so if not actually making the draw himself, will almost certainly be present when it is made.  He's a busy man, so may not be able to post immediately, but I'm sure we'll hear something by the end of the day.  

On 31/08/2023 at 22:13, agamemnon3 said:

The poster, as you say, formerly of this parish, is Chair of the Middlesex County League, and is also a member of the London FA, so if not actually making the draw himself, will almost certainly be present when it is made.  He's a busy man, so may not be able to post immediately, but I'm sure we'll hear something by the end of the day.  

Any links to the draw mate?

This season's first round draw:

1)  AFC Oakley v Riseley Sports

2)  FC Irish of London v Belstone  (holders)

3)  Rayleigh Town v FC Baresi

4)  Sungate v Sporting Hackney

5)  Hertford Heath v Toby

6)  Chipperfield Corinthians v Feltham

7)  Everett Rovers v Slough Town Juniors

8)  Flitwick Town v Kodak (Harrow)

9)  Catholic United v CSM London

10)  Hayes & Hillingdon v Cuffley

11)  Runwell Sports v Sudbury Sports

Byes:  Apsley Argyle, Kensington Dragons, Larkspur Rovers, Sandridge Rovers, Shenfield AFC.

Unless I've missed something, it would appear that no SSML sides have entered the competition this season.  This is very disappointing -- one would have thought that Clubs like Sarratt and Bovingdon would think this a worthwhile competition to enter.  Perhaps the ex-Herts County Clubs consider the current Herts County sides too strong for them ?