Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tuesday/Wednesday 16/17 August - SSML Results/Reports

The sparse midweek fixtures:

Tuesday 16 August (kick off 7.45pm unless stated)

Premier Division
Ardley United v Risborough Rangers (kick off 7.30pm)
Aylesbury Vale Dynamos v Leighton Town
Biggleswade United v Shefford Town & Campton
Leverstock Green v London Colney
Stotfold v Potton United
Tring Athletic v Colney Heath

Wednesday 17 August (kick off 7.45pm)

Premier Division
St Panteleimon v Hoddesdon Town

9 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 16 August

Premier Division
Leverstock Green v London Colney

The match programme, can Leverstock Green top the table this evening with Leighton Town and Shefford Town & Campton away from home:

Leverstock Green FC Programme vs London Colney by Tony Smart - Issuu

Billede

On 16/08/2022 at 05:50, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 16 August
Premier Division
Tring AthIetic v Colney Heath

This shouId be an interesting affair, see the match programme: 

Tring Athletic vs Colney Heath by Tring Athletic - Issuu

Billede

Edited by Rhodes

14 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 16 August

Premier Division
ArdIey United v Risborough Rangers

The match programme, will it be more woe for Risborough Rangers:

Ardley United FC, Ardley United vs Risborough Rangers Programme

Billede

41 minutes ago, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 16 August

Premier Division
Aylesbury Vale Dynamos v Leighton Town

I understand that Leighton Town have taken the lead at Haywood Way with a cIinicaI 16th minute strike from, who else, Leon Lobjoit:   

Billede

The resuIts, I wonder where Rissy has disappeared to:

Tuesday 16 August 

Premier Division
Ardley United 5 Risborough Rangers 2 
Aylesbury Vale Dynamos 1 Leighton Town 3
Biggleswade United 2 Shefford Town & Campton 4
Leverstock Green 1 London Colney 0
Stotfold 0 Potton United 0
Tring Athletic 1 Colney Heath 0

Edited by Rhodes

10 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 16 August 

Premier Division

Leverstock Green were unsurprisingIy like Mick The Miller out of the traps with their match report, that's four wins on the spin now to start the new campaign:

(H) London Colney – Leverstock Green F.C. (levgreenfc.co.uk)

On 15/08/2022 at 19:46, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 16 August 

Premier Division
Biggleswade United 2 Shefford Town & Campton 4

The very attractive match programme from last night, also see a match report and video coverage of the action:

https://www.biggleswadeutd.com/_files/ugd/3fa227_8ba03d3e13844340bee298f1fce92740.pdf

https://www.nonleaguenation.com/post/hammer-time-for-shefford-as-they-batter-biggleswade-biggleswade-united-2-4-shefford-town-campton

Edited by Rhodes

On 15/08/2022 at 19:46, Rhodes said:

Wednesday 17 August (kick off 7.45pm)

Premier Division
St Panteleimon v Hoddesdon Town

Just the one fixture this evening at new Iook Hertingfordbury Park with its impressive 3g surface, watch this space Iater for detaiIs on the action.

2 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Just the one fixture this evening at new Iook Hertingfordbury Park with its impressive 3g surface, watch this space Iater for detaiIs on the action.

HaIf time at Hertingfordbury Park and it's 1-1, the hosts netted earIy on however Connor Bolton, who ceIebrated his birthday yesterday, equaIised for Hoddesdon Town with a precise free kick from some 35 yards.

23 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Tuesday 16 August 

Premier Division

Former poster on here Stingray was at Pancake Lane:

South Midlands League Premier Division
LEVERSTOCK GREEN 1-0 LONDON COLNEY
Admission £8.00 Programme presumably online, so I brought one from a previous game against LC 2x Raffle £2.00 Bacon Baguette £4.50 (ouch) Tea, Coffee £1.20 each, Attendance 50 (about right)

Having wimped out of going anywhere on Saturday I decided that I couldn't let my newly formed fan club down again and so a somewhat nervy return to Pancake Lane* was pencilled in. Thankfully, everything seemed to be as it was - drive in, raffle tickets being sold at the entrance, park up down the side at the bottom end, wander over the shingle to the overhang. A welcome feature is that the area reserved for reporters has some cover which might have been very welcome during the second half. Bacon baguettes are still available.
Given that the homesters play in green (quelle horreur, whoda thunk it?) and LC's colour is blue, I'm not sure why the visitors had to play in red. An honourable mention for the LC No.4, Joe West, who not only is the shortest player I've ever seen (so much so that his shorts covered most of his socks as well but probably the first (if not only) player I've seen who wore glasses.
On the bone dry pitch not much happened, two golden chances for LG on the quarter hour came to nothing and Alvin Kyeremeh's 50th minute goal was all they had to show. Someone upstairs must have had a second sense, for within a few minutes of the final whistle, the persistent drizzle turned into the mother of all cloudbursts that dogged me all the way home.
Of course, in these financially straitened times it's very important to ensure that money is spent responsibly and sensibly. The homesters have wisely taken this on board with their purchase of three new wall-mounted TVs, two with backlights and showing QPR v Blackpool while a smaller one on the outside wall was tuned to BBC1. Looks like new lightbulbs in the toilets as well. Of course none of this would have been possible had they not extricated themselves from the onerous task of having to produce those annoying bits of paper that so often tip clubs into bankruptcy.
*Despite the PA bloke's mentions of the Lords Builders Merchants Stadium (it is by no definition a stadium), signs still abound welcoming you to Pancake Lane and that is how I shall continue to refer to it.

This evening's resuIt:

Wednesday 17 August

Premier Division
St Panteleimon 2 Hoddesdon Town 2

10 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Wednesday 17 August

Premier Division
St Panteleimon 2 Hoddesdon Town 2

Hoddesdon Town's Iate and deserved eqaIising goaI Iast night: