Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Huntingdonshire FA Senior Cup - 2022/23

The draw for the Huntingdonshire FA Senior Cup which includes Eaton Socon, ties due to be played on Tuesday 1 November:

Godmanchester Rovers v Eynesbury Rovers

St Ives Town v Huntingdon Town

Eaton Socon v St Neots Town

ByeYaxley FC

Fixtures - Huntingdonshire FA (huntsfa.com)

• 1 month later...

Tennants host Northern Premier League Division One MidIands IandIords on Tuesday 1 November:

Billede

• 2 weeks later...

A good resuIt for Eaton Socon and a groundhopper from another Forum was in attendance as weII as groundhopper Base of the Pyramid:  

Third Time Lucky? - Base of the Pyramid (botp.co.uk)

Tuesday 1 November

Huntingdonshire FA Senior Cup Quarter Final
Eaton Socon 3 St Neots Town 1 

Eaton Socon 3 St Neots Town 1
Huntingdonshire Senior Cup, quarter final

As I've seen the River Road ground gradually develop over the last few seasons via a few visits I thought I would take in a game under their new floodlights. These were first used less than a month ago. This local derby attracted a crowd in excess of 250, and whilst described as 'bumper' on Eaton Socon's website I've not seen an official figure. My friend Phil paid my £5 entrance fee in return for me acting as taxi, he paid £3 and £1 for the excellent programme.
Socon took the lead early on, Rhys Thorpe broke the offside trap, rushed around the keeper and slotted home. Socon had further chances that were not taken and St Neots gradually got into the game and equalised shortly before the break.
2nd half was all Eaton Socon and they should have scored at least four. Thorpe scored his 2nd on about 50 minutes, a great strike from the edge of the box, and about 10 minutes later Alderson smashed the ball home from a corner.
Eaton Socon into the semi finals with St Ives Town, Godmanchester Rovers and Yaxley.

Edited by Rhodes

• 1 month later...

Eaton Socon travel to Northern Premier League Division One Midlands Yaxley FC in their Semi Final tie on Tuesday 24 January, kick off 7.45pm. The other Semi Final is between Godmanchester Rovers and St Ives Town which takes place this evening (6 December):

https://www.huntsfa.com/cups-and-competitions/cups/2022---2023/senior-cup/fixtures

• 4 weeks later...

Should Eaton Socon defeat Northern Premier League Division One Midlands Yaxley FC on Tuesday 24 January they will meet Southern League Premier Division Central St Ives Town in the Final of the competition who won 4-0 at Godmanchester Rovers earlier this month, see a match report and video highlights:

http://stivestownfc.co.uk/event/godmanchester-rovers-v-st-ives-town/

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/12/2022 at 18:42, Rhodes said:

Eaton Socon travel to Northern Premier League Division One Midlands Yaxley FC in their Semi Final tie on Tuesday 24 January, kick off 7.45pm

The 44 page match programme for this evening's Semi Final tie:

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/files.pitchero.com/clubs/23197/8Gh7fGm0RCy6GgFMFlV7_2023-01-24 Eaton Socon (Hunts Cup).pdf

Billede

Disappointment for Eaton Socon last night against Step 4 opposition but they gave an excellent account of themselves, a groundhopper from another Forum was in attendance:

Tuesday 24 January
Huntingdonshire FA Senior Cup Semi Final
Yaxley 1 Eaton Socon 0

Yaxley 1 Eaton Socon 0
Huntingdonshire Senior Cup Semi Final
Attendance: 48 (official)
Not the most exciting of games as Yaxley huffed and puffed to a narrow victory against spirited Step 6 opponents. Marcus Pancho scored the only goal of the game four minutes before half-time when he volleyed home a Jude Adebayo cross. Eaton Socon had the better chances in the second half as they threw everything forwards in search of an equaliser, but Kacper Kurylowicz put in another excellent goalkeeping performance for Yaxley to keep them out and secure the win.
Now two wins in a row for Yaxley and we're somehow even in a Cup Final too, but it feels a little hollow as we'll inevitably lose the Final to St Ives and we were far from convincing despite being against Step 6 opposition. Far more important games to come than this for us, that's for sure.

Edited by Rhodes