Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

ETFC 4 - 1 PBTFC

The visitors certainly entered into the spirit of the season of goodwill in the second half - and there was me thinking that our depleted defensive line would be the difference. Cunnington should've had a hat-trick to match Youngs (- with the crossbar and penalty-hogging LDV preventing him from getting on the scoresheet). Wyllie certainly should've bagged a couple, and an 8-3 scoreline might've accurately reflected the chances. I'll gladly take the 3 points, but I'm not sure we should read too much into this particular result.

Interesting line up with us going 4 3 3 and a short/compact midfield.  Think all 3 battled well although not sure how they'd do against a more physical team.    Chez did do well and certainly added to our play, good with both feet, rarely lost possession and could find a pass for our attackers to latch on to.  As Andy and Sam said afterward, Cunnington caused them trouble all afternoon, Sam deservedly scored a rare hat trick.  

Our defence wasn't really troubled all that much and Potters Bar certainly looked a different team to the one we played earlier in the season....I know their management has just changed however their goalkeeper could easily have been their best player.   They didn't play like a team above us in the league.

Good day for us really, 4 goals at home, only one conceded and good to see Nathan receive his goalkeeper of the month award.   Here's hoping we can maintain that level of performance.

2 hours ago, 55 seasons said:

Good summary but mention should be made of the excellent contribution of new signing Chez Isaac who opened things up for the first goal and scored the second. 

Agreed, I thought Chez had a very good debut. He got involved like a player keen to impress - which for an experienced player dropping down a step was really good to see. I can see Isaac and Thomas working well at the heart of the midfield, which will allow Sam Youngs to play much further forward. That being said, the PB goal was disappointing with their stand-out midfielder allowed to turn, run and then shoot from just outside the area.

Without taking anything away from the menace that Cunnington can be, I'm not sure I've seen an opposition team deal with him so poorly. They tried doubling-up, fouling, and even dropping off him. None of it worked....and long may that continue!

A great performance from the boys with 2 or 3 missing  and in front of a very healthy 600+  At H/T I had that feeling of here we go again but what a 2nd half. Love the look of Chez and I am confident he'll put some thrust into our sorties up front . Not sure If Potters will fall away at this stage but I suspect they will from here on . I wonder  If their stadium meets the necessary standards for the step up to level 2 , I think not IMHO.   I hope the lads can kick on from this Impressive display and keep us in the play off mix  

Not mentioning any names (but you know who I mean) It would be a good feeling for us to displace that waste of a promotion space from last season lol. C O Y T .

5 hours ago, Out_Of_Towner said:

Not mentioning any names (but you know who I mean) It would be a good feeling for us to displace that waste of a promotion space from last season lol. C O Y T .

Alas, I suspect they'll probably do just about enough to survive this season following a disastrous start. At the same time, I would fear for us in the National League. It would take some serious recruitment, improvement and ££ just to be competitive on the pitch and then there's the added travel. But lets worry about that if and when we have to.