Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Clinical when it mattered v Hastings

What a superb result, coming away to Hastings and despite some excellent play by the home team when Hornchurch were not at their best we came out deserved winners with 3 clinical goals at key times in the match.

Pre match drills on a difficult pitch all came together with the first goal neatly slipped under keeper by Tom Wraight before a sublime curled 2and by nas a yard from the touchline having got round the keeper.

Hayles added the icing on the cake with a superb header after a long spell of Hastings pressure.

Results have also gone our way today so we have a 5 point lead over Stortford and games in hand over Cray 

Keep working hard lads 

Up The Urchins.

I agree with Pony. Was not an easy game by any stretch of the imagination and on balance Hastings had more of the ball I reckon. Disciplined defence, especially the 2 phenomenal saves by Joe Wright and the goal line clearance (I didn't see who that was from my viewpoint). Clinical attack when the chances came. Solid midfield.
Was an interesting formation and unusual to see Liam on the left hand side of the pitch, not quite on the wing but not really as a striker alongside Sam either but the his goal was again from his favourite side. 3rd time this season (because I am counting the goal at Lewes which was nowhere near over the line and incorrectly disallowed [where is VAR when you need it]).

Also interesting substitution when Liam had to leave the field to push Jordan up front.

Ola very unlucky not to score having twisted the defence every which way, I reckon it would have gone in without the rain.

Other results made my bookie a few more quid but well worth it to extend the gap.

Fantastic result , clinical finishing was the difference between the two sides, Hastings are a decent side and I think they will be there or thereabouts in terms of playoffs.

Damage done by Stortford has been well and truly rectified, other results went our way as well. Well done all COYU

14 hours ago, cup of tea said:

Fantastic result , clinical finishing was the difference between the two sides, Hastings are a decent side and I think they will be there or thereabouts in terms of playoffs.

Damage done by Stortford has been well and truly rectified, other results went our way as well. Well done all COYU

I'm just amazed you were able to write so soon after the match, given the state you and Dinamo were in.  Very well done.

Edited by Jago

23 hours ago, Jago said:

I'm just amazed you were able to write so soon after the match, given the state you and Dinamo were in.  Very well done.

Guilty as charged here , thought that Dinamo was okay. Think I might have bored some of the local fans second half with my appraisal of the game!