Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A23

rebelbrewer

22 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

But why should we have to wait, it’s not normal practice! Any takeover should be a great occasion and something new owners want to announce their big plans and engage with the fans? Hopefully we’ll hear something in the next day or two about why there’s a delay.

If you look at the club website right now via  club then contact us The ownership of the club is shown as Orchard Community Sports Ltd Thats what the website is saying  today  Its either correct or it isn't  !

We had a phase of 12 league matches where we had 3 draws & 9 defeats, where I thought relegation was inevitable.

But the last six league matches have been 2 wins & 4 draws, & although it could still be a close call, I’m fairly confident we will stay up.

I don’t know if the turnaround has been due to shrewd management by Scott Davies, funds being made available by the new owners or a combination of the two.

I’m just happy that things are looking much better than they were in mid December.

For me there’s no immediate urgency for news about future plans, but it would be nice to hear what they might be before I renew my season tickets for next season.

The new owners have to pass FA 'fit and proper' vetting. It takes time and is out of their control. They will be very open once they have passed the process. Which they will. Takeovers are never quick, and with the added FA and National league processes that have to be adhered to, the process becomes even longer. Be patient it is a very positive takeover and the new owners will reveal all, but you wouldn't expect them to confirm details until the FA have ratified their ownership. 

17 minutes ago, Craige01 said:

The new owners have to pass FA 'fit and proper' vetting. It takes time and is out of their control. They will be very open once they have passed the process. Which they will. Takeovers are never quick, and with the added FA and National league processes that have to be adhered to, the process becomes even longer. Be patient it is a very positive takeover and the new owners will reveal all, but you wouldn't expect them to confirm details until the FA have ratified their ownership. 

I’m presuming you are the Craig Edwards who was on the board before the takeover? Can I ask why you’re not part of the new board? Thanks for the above information (not sure why the club couldn’t release a short statement saying the same!!!). I know new owners have to go through these tests but it’s about a month now, should really take this long? It’s not like it’s a some international multi billion pound company the FA are researching! 

3 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

I’m presuming you are the Craig Edwards who was on the board before the takeover? Can I ask why you’re not part of the new board? Thanks for the above information (not sure why the club couldn’t release a short statement saying the same!!!). I know new owners have to go through these tests but it’s about a month now, should really take this long? It’s not like it’s a some international multi billion pound company the FA are researching! 

You have no idea how long these things take. Its very frustrating and the level of information that has to be provided is very detailed. The club has to be very tight lipped on what it can share. Having said that nothing I am telling you is a secret, all transfers of ownership out our level and above are scrutinised by the FA and National league. And yes I am Craig Edwards, so none of what I post is speculation. 

4 minutes ago, Craige01 said:

You have no idea how long these things take. Its very frustrating and the level of information that has to be provided is very detailed. The club has to be very tight lipped on what it can share. Having said that nothing I am telling you is a secret, all transfers of ownership out our level and above are scrutinised by the FA and National league. And yes I am Craig Edwards, so none of what I post is speculation. 

So Craig are you part of the new board or not? We all know A23 will have impressive plans for the youth section of the club but I think most fans will be looking for investment into the first team squad. From what you know Craig can us fans be confident in this department?

17 minutes ago, Craige01 said:

I will continue to help the new owners over the coming months, they are a very decent bunch and I would not have signed over our club to anyone I didn't trust. It's not easy to find people like that in our sport and I urge you all to give them time and your support. 

16 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

So Craig are you part of the new board or not? We all know A23 will have impressive plans for the youth section of the club but I think most fans will be looking for investment into the first team squad. From what you know Craig can us fans be confident in this department?

I chose not to continue as a director as I have a very demanding job that requires my attention. I can tell you that the last few months have been very tough on all of us, we have had many sleepless nights and all because we wanted to ensure the stability and future of our club. Running a football club is a tough job especially when you have a demanding role. 

Edited by Craige01

5 minutes ago, Craige01 said:

I chose not to continue as a director as I have a very demanding job that requires my attention. I can tell you that the last few months have been very tough on all of us, we have had many sleepless nights and all because we wanted to ensure the stability and future of our club. Running a football club is a tough job especially when you have a demanding role. 

So in your opinion, do you think the new board have the ambition/resources to grow the club/attendances and ultimately stabilise the club in the league above?

15 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

So in your opinion, do you think the new board have the ambition/resources to grow the club/attendances and ultimately stabilise the club in the league above?

I would be very surprised if that was possible in the league above.

To achieve that I think we would need average home attendances of 2,000 & investment of £500,000 per season.

To stabilise & possibly challenge at our current level, home attendances of 1,000 & investment of £200,000 per season, which I think is much more realistic for the next three seasons.

19 minutes ago, Curtis said:

I would be very surprised if that was possible in the league above.

To achieve that I think we would need average home attendances of 2,000 & investment of £500,000 per season.

To stabilise & possibly challenge at our current level, home attendances of 1,000 & investment of £200,000 per season, which I think is much more realistic for the next three seasons.

When I say ‘ultimately’ that’s sometime in the mid to long term and of course it may well not happen! Personally I’ll be happy if we’re challenging for promotion from next season and not have another season like this one! Ideally the club will also have some bold new initiatives to increase crowds which is obviously vital to growing the club and promotion.

• 1 month later...
On 09/02/2023 at 13:06, GlenSTFC said:

Who knows…  Please can one of the board simply state what’s happening? Find it hard to believe it should this long to look through a few documents and sign it off. 

Another empty statement from the club saying what everyone already knew.

This new setup is taking the fans for fools.

As I said before - they will be judged on their actions - well they are not doing very well so far.

The longer this goes on, you have to question why they were not recommended the first time they put a bid in for the club, and now why is it taking so long for this approval - what problems are there?

45 minutes ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

As I said before - they will be judged on their actions - well they are not doing very well so far.

The longer this goes on, you have to question why they were not recommended the first time they put a bid in for the club, and now why is it taking so long for this approval - what problems are there?

The issue is with National League and/or FA taking a long time to get through what I understand is a long list of clubs currently going through changes in ownership.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

The issue is with National League and/or FA taking a long time to get through what I understand is a long list of clubs currently going through changes in ownership.

I don’t doubt that is the issue, but I would have thought it would also be very difficult to make announcements about plans for next season & beyond before the league status for next season is determined.

Companies House did announce on 25th March that effective 14th March Craig had ceased to be a director or a person with significant control of Orchard Community Sports Ltd leaving just Kay Lathey and Michael Lightfoot as directors.

Kay and Michael have been directo rs of STFC(23) Ltd since 17th January.

18 hours ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Wow! That’s an over reaction!

In this day and age, everything takes forever to become official, it’s the same in all businesses.

Chill out! If it weren’t for A23 stabilising our budget before the “official” announcement, we’d already be relegated.

Don’t start panning the new regime before they’ve even properly started!

Edited by Wycombe Rebel