Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A23

rebelbrewer

18 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

I really don't see what the problem is.

The NL/FA are doing their due diligence on the take over which can only be a good thing.

Besides as Curtis has said until we know what division we are in for next season how can you plan?

There was me thinking I’d win the award for the most impatience! I’ve sort of forgotten about it now and accept it’ll happen when it happen (as frustratingly long as it is). The new owners/board have already made positive inroads which are obvious to all and hopefully once they reveal their grand plans we’ll all be very pleased and optimistic for the future. 

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Nathan said:

I'm surprised no-one's picked up on Scotty's tweet yesterday. For those who've missed it:

Do I take it then that the takeover has been completed?

I think it’s only yourself and RR who seem to have doubts the takeover has actually happened! It’s literally waiting for a signature to be official which is taking an age but what do you expect from the FA?

I'm just wondering that, given the club re-tweeted this tweet, and given that there was a reference to new owners in this announcement, why there hasn't been an official announcement of the takeover?

If we're still waiting for the FA/relevant authorities to dot the I's and cross the T's, the takeover hasn't yet been completed.

10 minutes ago, Nathan said:

I'm just wondering that, given the club re-tweeted this tweet, and given that there was a reference to new owners in this announcement, why there hasn't been an official announcement of the takeover?

If we're still waiting for the FA/relevant authorities to dot the I's and cross the T's, the takeover hasn't yet been completed.

Good point young Nathan

Also when there finally is an announcement, assuming the FA don't find a problem (this may be the cause of the delay), then don't be surprised if there is not a new surprise as to where A23 suddenly got the money they did not have last summer during their original bid.

As without a money person to fund it, then the "membership" funding model will collapse around the end of 2025 / early 2026 when the money runs out.

The first sign of the size of finances being put forward will be the amount being spent on this coming seasons squad.

That will dictate how competitive the club will be in this ever more financially driven league.

Along side this, the changes in the recent council elections will impact the arrangements for Arbour Park as a number of the conservative councillors were against the building of the ground for the club and I would not be surprised if they will push for change's in the terms of the clubs arrangements for using the ground.

A lot of people think the new regime will deliver great changes going forward, and that may be the case for a while when everything is new and exciting, but when the reality kicks in things may turn out different.

23 minutes ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Good point young Nathan

Also when there finally is an announcement, assuming the FA don't find a problem (this may be the cause of the delay), then don't be surprised if there is not a new surprise as to where A23 suddenly got the money they did not have last summer during their original bid.

As without a money person to fund it, then the "membership" funding model will collapse around the end of 2025 / early 2026 when the money runs out.

The first sign of the size of finances being put forward will be the amount being spent on this coming seasons squad.

That will dictate how competitive the club will be in this ever more financially driven league.

Along side this, the changes in the recent council elections will impact the arrangements for Arbour Park as a number of the conservative councillors were against the building of the ground for the club and I would not be surprised if they will push for change's in the terms of the clubs arrangements for using the ground.

A lot of people think the new regime will deliver great changes going forward, and that may be the case for a while when everything is new and exciting, but when the reality kicks in things may turn out different.

Please just tell us what board member has pissed you off as you obviously have a grudge against one or some of them!!! I think the vast majority of fans are very happy with the new initiatives implemented by this new board with more I’m sure to come. Just look at what great value these new memberships are plus the massive growth in attendances from our last 4 games. How do you know there isn’t an investor on board? As you say until we kick off our first league game none of us know how we may fare next season but try and be positive just a bit maybe?

4 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

I think it’s only yourself and RR who seem to have doubts the takeover has actually happened! It’s literally waiting for a signature to be official which is taking an age but what do you expect from the FA?

How do you know it's only a signature that's required?

It could be anything holding it up.

4 hours ago, Nathan said:

I'm surprised no-one's picked up on Scotty's tweet yesterday. For those who've missed it:

Do I take it then that the takeover has been completed?

If the takeover was complete we would have been told.

12 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

I'd have thought so too RR. It just seems odd that Scotty is talking as if it's done & dusted when there is otherwise no evidence that that is the case (as there's been no announcement).

As you say, it could be anything holding it up. Waiting for a signature or whatever from the FA is mere speculation.

19 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

How do you know it's only a signature that's required?

It could be anything holding it up.

You know the FA govern every single football club in the professional leagues and non league pyramid? Well think about how many clubs have submitted similar change of ownership papers plus the countless other pieces of paperwork they need to work through. I know it’s frustrating but we could be number 60 in the pile and obviously during the season other business like transfers/disciplinary matters come first. So now the season has finished I would hope ours will be seen and sorted soon. 

Edited by GlenSTFC

On 13/05/2023 at 16:11, Sir Rebel1965 said:

Good point young Nathan

Have to say having spoken to a couple of the Tory candidates before the locals, they were not happy about all things Slough Town and Arbour Park.

Lets hope that with things starting to look up on the field generally and off around the club that this now doesn't become a major issue for us.

1 hour ago, DonnyNo6 said:

Have to say having spoken to a couple of the Tory candidates before the locals, they were not happy about all things Slough Town and Arbour Park.

Lets hope that with things starting to look up on the field generally and off around the club that this now doesn't become a major issue for us.

Did they say why they were unhappy?

Going by what others have said most doorstep Tory's didn't have a clue about Arbour Park. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

6 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

Did they say why they were unhappy?

Going by what others have said most doorstep Tory's didn't have a clue about Arbour Park. 

No the two I spoke to didn't but another fella that I saw near my school was banging on about it not being used enough by the community and so on, when I challenged back like the others he was mentioning rent/money generally/Slough Town thinking they owned the joint etc etc and that things would be looked into. 🤷‍♂️

Seemed far more switched on than the others.

I had a good chat with one and got the following 

They are not happy with the fact that AP is unused a lit of the time, where it could, and should, be making good revenue.

They want it to go back to the same usage it got during it's first year or two. 

The reasons for it's usage decline is in the previous council's lack of understanding in finance. Seeing that it was well used, so putting the prices up, but up so high,, no one wanted to then use it.

They were looking to go back to a viable financial model, where the hiring would be cheaper, and the volumes would be higher, thus earning more money.

They were VERY HAPPY with Slough Town using it, and with all the help they provide when they are in occupation, and especially the help when others were using it.

So STFC was never going to be at risk

27 minutes ago, HorshamRebel said:

They are not happy with the fact that AP is unused a lit of the time, where it could, and should, be making good revenue.

The reasons for it's usage decline is in the previous council's lack of understanding in finance. Seeing that it was well used, so putting the prices up, but up so high,, no one wanted to then use it.

They were looking to go back to a viable financial model, where the hiring would be cheaper, and the volumes would be higher, thus earning more money.

They were VERY HAPPY with Slough Town using it, and with all the help they provide when they are in occupation, and especially the help when others were using it.

That makes sense.

In times when money is tight to go and then put up the cost is ludicrous.

Bring the cost down and more will use it.

Look at Burnham, there must be a reason why they get all the local cup finals and it's more than likely down to cost.

Looking back at this article from 21st November 2017, it is clear that Cllr Dexter Smith felt that the club ought to be paying the full rate from the off, oblivious to the fact that the club may not have been in a position to do this (thus risking losing a customer altogether). Obviously I'm biased, but this strikes me as a very short-term way of looking at things.

It references the tenancy agreement being £15k a year with split profits from the catering, but this lasted for 18 months. Presumably this has been renewed along similar terms?

On 10/02/2023 at 14:43, Irishadrian said:

If you look at the club website right now via  club then contact us The ownership of the club is shown as Orchard Community Sports Ltd Thats what the website is saying  today  Its either correct or it isn't  !

This is still what the club website is saying  on the contact slough town fc page  about 10 mins ago  !!

15 hours ago, HorshamRebel said:

Lets hope they are happy, the last guy I spoke too wasn't at all, he simply came across as if bookings had to be made for outside users to use the facility more often and it meant Slough had to give up space/slots then they'd have to to accommodate.

Lets hope its all bluster.

15 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

That makes sense.

In times when money is tight to go and then put up the cost is ludicrous.

Bring the cost down and more will use it.

Look at Burnham, there must be a reason why they get all the local cup finals and it's more than likely down to cost.

Burnham, Beaconsfield and even my place at Langley all have dozens of Cup Finals, as you say maybe pure cost?