Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

A23

rebelbrewer

17 minutes ago, DonnyNo6 said:

Burnham, Beaconsfield and even my place at Langley all have dozens of Cup Finals, as you say maybe pure cost?

Don’t all of them charge around the same, £120 to £140 per hour.

The stupid thing is that a lot of these venues are probably little used on Sundays and there are lots of local youth teams that play on Sundays that would love to use them but can’t afford those prices.

These youth teams also suffer from many cancelled winter matches due to poor maintenance of the grass pitches & the current season still hasn’t finished for many of them.

1 hour ago, Curtis said:

Don’t all of them charge around the same, £120 to £140 per hour.

The stupid thing is that a lot of these venues are probably little used on Sundays and there are lots of local youth teams that play on Sundays that would love to use them but can’t afford those prices.

These youth teams also suffer from many cancelled winter matches due to poor maintenance of the grass pitches & the current season still hasn’t finished for many of them.

Don't the women play there Sundays?

4 hours ago, DonnyNo6 said:

Burnham, Beaconsfield and even my place at Langley all have dozens of Cup Finals, as you say maybe pure cost?

There's got to be a reason why all the local cup finals including the Slough Town Challenge cup final is played at Burnham and not Slough.

I can't see any other reason than cost.

Edited by Reading Rebel

10 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

There's got to be a reason why all the local cup finals including the Slough Town Challenge cup final is played at Burnham and not Slough.

I might be wide of the mark on this but it might be down to those local teams preferring to play on grass like they do week in and week out. I'm only guessing,though.

22 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

When the two Slough Town Cup Finals were played at Slough it was brilliant, I think they moved when everything sadly took place around the club twenty odd years back and were moved to Burnham and have stayed since.

Unfortunately I lost four semi finals across the years in the Senior and never got to play in the main final, but played in a couple of Junior Finals and lost a few semis as well, its a great day out generally on Good Friday.

It would be good to get both finals back to Slough Town itself so to speak.

45 minutes ago, DonnyNo6 said:

When the two Slough Town Cup Finals were played at Slough it was brilliant, I think they moved when everything sadly took place around the club twenty odd years back and were moved to Burnham and have stayed since.

Unfortunately I lost four semi finals across the years in the Senior and never got to play in the main final, but played in a couple of Junior Finals and lost a few semis as well, its a great day out generally on Good Friday.

These are Slough cup finals and should be played in Slough not Burnham.

Perhaps if the new council lower the prices they will return.

2 hours ago, DonnyNo6 said:

Used to love the Slough town cup finals at Slough 

2 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

These are Slough cup finals and should be played in Slough not Burnham.

Perhaps if the new council lower the prices they will return.

👍

22 hours ago, HorshamRebel said:

Burnham has been 3G for two seasons

Apologies. I've been in hibernation for two years ! 😃

So, A23 has officially been announced as being back at Arbour Park next season with a new look academy structure.

This sounds like an exciting new structure to get the best talent on board.

What I don't understand is how this can be announced now if, as far as us supporters are aware, the new owner take over application has not yet been ratified by the FA?

1 hour ago, Reading Rebel said:

So, A23 has officially been announced as being back at Arbour Park next season with a new look academy structure.

This sounds like an exciting new structure to get the best talent on board.

What I don't understand is how this can be announced now if, as far as us supporters are aware, the new owner take over application has not yet been ratified by the FA?

Agree RR The club website still says the club is owned by the Orchard Community Sports Club if thats no longer true then time for some transparency surely?

Both of those things can be true gents. A23 didn't own the club when they were here the first time.

I'm as disappointed as everyone else that the "official" takeover hasn't happened yet, but I think with what we have seen so far, its pretty clear the way its going. We all know the FA are useless at the best of times, so is anyone really surprised that its taking this long.

I'm 100% certain, as soon as they are able, A23 and the old owners/custodians will be on it with the news etc. As frustrating as it is, we have to hurry up and wait for a bit.

1 hour ago, SloughFlyer said:

Both of those things can be true gents. A23 didn't own the club when they were here the first time.

I'm as disappointed as everyone else that the "official" takeover hasn't happened yet, but I think with what we have seen so far, its pretty clear the way its going. We all know the FA are useless at the best of times, so is anyone really surprised that its taking this long.

I'm 100% certain, as soon as they are able, A23 and the old owners/custodians will be on it with the news etc. As frustrating as it is, we have to hurry up and wait for a bit.

Thanks for that SF I think its important that we allow things to progress until we do have the resolution we expect  and can confirm new owners as a matter of fact.

So this leaves Ashley Smith as the owner of the club. 

As he is the sole owner of A23 Football Group Ltd and Burnham Sports Academy Ltd in addition to STFC(23) Ltd, it would seem as he is funding the club.

However A23 filled there accounts and showed assets of minus £1801 as of 31 August 2022 and Burnham Sports only had assets of £16112 as of 31 August 2022.

So where has the money come from to buy the club?

Also where has the money come from to sign these new players?

This may be why the FA is struggling to approve the formal take over of the club?

2 hours ago, Sir Rebel1965 said:

So this leaves Ashley Smith as the owner of the club. 

As he is the sole owner of A23 Football Group Ltd and Burnham Sports Academy Ltd in addition to STFC(23) Ltd, it would seem as he is funding the club.

However A23 filled there accounts and showed assets of minus £1801 as of 31 August 2022 and Burnham Sports only had assets of £16112 as of 31 August 2022.

So where has the money come from to buy the club?

Also where has the money come from to sign these new players?

This may be why the FA is struggling to approve the formal take over of the club?

Ashley Smith, Kay Lathey and Mike Lightfoot are the owners of the club with AS having the majority share holding.

Did it cost A23 any money to buy the club?

Or did they just take over the ownership and cost of running the club? 

Not sure what you mean by 'wheres the money coming from to buy new players'? presumably we have a playing budget.

Edited by Reading Rebel