Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Speechless

urchinman1961

Have to say today 2-0 up half time we are all happy 

But 2nd half I am disappointed to say a gutless performance to allow Margate a sloppy goal and then go on to let them win is poor.  We cant seem to be top and keep a lead and its concerning as at this stage of the season we dont need a loss of form.

We got a squad of players who know how to win but somehow we got to find a way to dig deep now as Tuesday is a big six pointer 

We have a great manager but today the players let us all down however i still believe we can win this league no more losses come on you Urchins dig deep work harder play harder win this league for yourselves and give the fans something to cheer.

Up the Urchins 

Edited by PONY TAILED URCHIN

It was a shocking second half. We are so inconsistent in our performances, one game we pass the ball around well and dominate with lots of chances, in another we lose the ball regularly. But a strong team tends to win a league by getting the results when not playing well so if we carry on playing like that we will need to dig deep and pull out the results, or just play a lot better and avoid poor luck.

It was a terrible second half performance but we've been poor for long spells against Lewes, Kingstonian, Brightlingsea, 10-man Wingate and Haringey but we've won or drawn those games simply because the opposition haven't had the quality to punish us.  Margate did today so we ended up losing.

I do wonder how much mentality affects players, the expectation and the pressure of being top of the league.  Stortford totally capitulated when they were top and we're doing exactly the same. Opponents are always going to want to beat the league leaders but we should have the ability and experience to be able to cope - just as Worthing did for the last 3 seasons.

Margate had nothing to play for today and sometimes that works in your favour and sometimes not.  We've got Enfield and Horsham next, 2 sides who will have their own play-off pressure to deal with so hopefully we'll be able to put in a couple of good performances and get back to winning ways.

Utterly disappointed and fuming with the second half performance today against a team at the lower end of the table. Where we always seem to struggle against teams lower down.

Are we throwing away the league and giving to either Bishops, Canvey or Aveley or even Enfield? I really don't want to have to go through another heartache like last season!!

A response is going to be needed and it had better be a good one!

Andy, yes i agree, you have to question how much passion and commitment there is from the players to be able to grind out the results and push for promotion.

While I'm always quietly confident and hardly a negative word even at the worst of games, today it really left me with many questions, especially now as I mentioned above, Bishops, Aveley, Canvey and Enfield literally up our arses rubbing their hands together!! 

Echo what's mostly been said, whist we obviously cannot moan about our current league position, I cannot remember the last time we played well for a full 90+ mins - many of the scorelines of late have really flattered us. Right now our midfield offers next to nothing, slow, no penetrating runs or passes, countless times losing possession, everything is sideways or passed back then launched long...rinse and repeat - where is the creativity coming from? where is the nice intricate play we once used to display?.

On another note I really don't think we are using Ade to his potential, he is a clever runner...stretching play and finding space and scoring goals but we seem intent to ask him to hold it up with his back to goal, we then offer him no outlet/options once he has it. We cannot simple rely on the brilliance of Higgins/Nash to get us out of trouble all the time, other players need to chip in now too. Any news on Spence? We are desperately lacking the leadership of him...someone who can pick a pass and shot.

I appreciate the flexibility the squad has, going from 4 at the back then switching to 3/5 but why on earth do we play Micky on the left hand side? (whilst he has been exceptional in this role surely putting him on the right and Mascoll on the left would suit us better given their preferred positions?) 

A big reaction is needed from the players starting Tuesday...let's not throw this away now

I haven’t posted on this forum for awhile, but here goes.  Firstly, I’d like to mention the crowd.  It wasn’t so long ago that we struggle to get 400 so we have improved there and we can expect good size crowds  in the conference South next season, which is where I think where will be.

I think the players will respond and get a result at Enfield on Tuesday and will kick on to secure top spot. It was never gonna be easy and there will be some twists and turns between now and the end of the season, but keep the faith. These players are good enough and we have one of the best managers in non-league football.  Up the Urchins !

At the end of the day we are top of the league with 6 games to go, a game in hand and a significantly better goal difference than anyone around us. We'd have took this 100% at the start of the season.

There will still be twists and turns as obis said because the top 5 are playing each other over the coming month.  Add to that matches against play-off hopefuls and those fighting relegation.

We have:           Enfield (A), Horsham (A), Billericay (H), Carshalton (A), Bowers (H), Kingstonian (A)
Stortford have: Carshalton (A), Aveley (A), Brightlingsea (H), Enfield (H), Herne Bay (A)
Canvey have:    Wingate (A), Kingstonian (A), Aveley (H), Folkestone (A), Lewes (H)
Aveley have:      Haringey (A), Stortford (H), Canvey (A), Horsham (H), Enfield (A)
Enfield have:     Hornchurch (H), Cray (H), Horsham (A), Haringey (H), Stortford (A), Aveley (H) 

Form really goes out the window at this stage, it's results that matter and we need every bit of support possible to get those results starting at Enfield.  

See you all tomorrow.

It was a poor second half performance.  Saying that I sat at half time thinking that even at 2 nil up we didn't look comfortable at all.

We appeared to go 3 at the back which was an interesting tactic against the wind.  We also then proceeded to lump the ball forward towards our forwards in the air. I'm no coach but even I remember playing Sunday league against the wind, and knowing that possession of the ball kills the advantage of the wind.  Yussef looked out of sorts in the second half.  It needed Dicko to come on with his better hold up play to partner Higgins earlier.  

I'm hoping it was just one of those days and we get back on it on Tuesday 

Edited by Walski

Due to close family bereavement and illness, I have been up north for the last week, so watching the updates on the vidi-printer. Half time and a happy supporter, 2-0 at home to a team mid table playing for their honour. To watch the updates coming in brought pain and the final goal, i had to keep refreshing because I could not believe we had capitulated  a two goal lead at home.

However on reflection our season has had a number of inconsistent displays, where we have held on and never looked comfortable .

Tonight will be a defining game for our season, three points and a cushion for the final few games, a point is a point and puts us ahead and we have to match the chasing pack. A loss and we have to win the remainder of games to secure our top spot.

Nothing is easy in this league, the players have their own destiny in their own hands. I have to hope that social media prevails and gives us the preferred result.

Good luck to one and all and sad I wont be there tonight.