Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Enfield Town v Cray Wanderers

seemgee

Decent point in a game ruined by a referee who lost total control from the obvious elbow incident onwards...ably assisted by two of the laziest linos I've seen for years 😳

Mind you...if you pay 🥜 you get 🐒🐒🐒 !!!

Sooooo hope there was an assessor there today!🤞🏻 

Edited by WXEn8

Players on both sides didn’t help themselves with their continual over reactions to nearly every decision made, irrespective of whether it was deemed right or wrong. As for the crowding around the referee. Don’t players ever learn anything?

As for the Hornchurch ‘disallowed’ goal. Words fail me.

Four fixtures remaining 

1st place

4th place

8th place

15th local derby

Not the easiest set off fixtures after two solid home draws where we really could have done with taking 3 points from one of them.  4 point cushion but could easily go down to the last game of the season as still alot to play for.

Seems to be a theme right now that the officials aren't necessarily the same level of the players......I'd argue that they have to play so that the referees don't become a factor.....however hard that may be!!

3 hours ago, djwilf said:

Four fixtures remaining 

1st place

4th place

8th place

15th local derby

Not the easiest set off fixtures after two solid home draws where we really could have done with taking 3 points from one of them. 

I'd go further and say we needed to take 3 points from at least one of those games - particularly as we had got ourselves into a position to do so.

Fear we've probably left ourselves too much to do in the remaining fixtures. Will now be pleasantly surprised if we manage to squeeze into the play-offs.

I understand your misgivings CC but the way things are being played out I still think that all of the Teams occupying the first 8 positions are mathematically still in with a shout of a playoff place. The results of the games played this weekend involving each of them should make the situation a bit clearer but still not finite.  We can only do our best and fight for our own outcome.

Turning to the disallowed Hornchurch goal it certainly showed a complete lack of the rules of the offside side law, as I currently believe are now interpreted, for 2 reasons:-

1      The back pass came directly from a Horsham player with no interruption by any other player.

2       Even if it was otherwise he did not become "offside" until he played the                         ball and the free kick should have taken from that spot. which didn't                               happen!!!!!!

If my analysis is correct and I am open to correction, the video evidence showing the blatant errors by the officials, the game should be called null and void and corrected by a replay in the spirit of natural justice. Especially as the Leagues own news correspondent refers to the incident as " a goal Controversially disallowed ". 

Edited by 4wembleyfinals

2 hours ago, 4wembleyfinals said:

I understand your misgivings CC but the way things are being played out I still think that all of the Teams occupying the first 8 positions are mathematically still in with a shout of a playoff place. The results of the games played this weekend involving each of them should make the situation a bit clearer but still not finite.  We can only do our best and fight for our own outcome.

Turning to the disallowed Hornchurch goal it certainly showed a complete lack of the rules of the offside side law, as I currently believe are now interpreted, for 2 reasons:-

1      The back pass came directly from a Horsham player with no interruption by any other player.

2       Even if it was otherwise he did not become "offside" until he played the                         ball and the free kick should have taken from that spot. which didn't                               happen!!!!!!

If my analysis is correct and I am open to correction, the video evidence showing the blatant errors by the officials, the game should be called null and void and corrected by a replay in the spirit of natural justice. Especially as the Leagues own news correspondent refers to the incident as " a goal Controversially disallowed ". 

Sorry, 4WF, I must respectfully disagree.

Was the Hornchurch striker (Higgins) offside? No.

So what went wrong? The assistant referee was on the far side. It is safe to say that his view was obscured. His error can be forgiven. The referee was a lot closer to the action. He must've had a pretty good idea who played the ball - or perhaps he didn't! The referee made a mistake - either in relation to what he saw or his understanding of the laws of the game. Simple as that. Officials make mistakes at every level. You can't go around replaying matches because of a single error. You can discipline the ref, but unless you can show that it was a deliberately dishonest act the result must stand. 

Lets also not forget that Hornchurch were still 2-1 up at that point and managed to lose their heads and somehow also the game after the disallowed goal.

31 minutes ago, lovely stuff said:

Battle for the last paly-off spot.....5 teams in the fight..We are currently in the best position but have the hardest run-in..Goal difference could be the decider. Again we are currently in the best position for GD.

If we make the play-offs now then we go in with confidence having most likely taken points off of Horsham, Stortford and Aveley. If we lose those games then the table won't lie and we won't have deserved it.

I accept what you say CC but I based my opinion on the fact that, in order to uphold the spirit of the game, the FA have, on occasions in the past, ordered a replay. Especially, when an obvious error of the laws of the game by the officials have change it's possible outcome. However, I think we have dwelt on this subject enough and should now concentrate our minds on our own games to come.

I also agree with your final comments but I still hope that 7pts will see us just make it. Although I do hope Easter is kind to us and we come out of the weekend without Egg on our face.🤞😄

Edited by 4wembleyfinals