Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Tokyngton Manor

2 hours ago, Manorite said:

Hi Rhodesy What happened to Tokyngton in the end? Are you involved in a club these days?

Manorite - It's always nice to see new blood on the Forum however, rather than creating a new thread, you would have been better off posting on the 'SSML Legends Where Are They Now' thread as, on page 5 below, it would have told you everything you needed to know and far more. Tokyngton Manor are still very much alive, kicking (no pun intended) and going strong under the guise of London Rangers FC in the Middlesex County League Division One North West, having had their first season playing in the Hellenic League Division Two East in 2017/18, their inspirational Chairman Terry Springer is still at the helm and has somehow initiated a high profile affiliation agreement with Rangers FC in Scotland (formerly Glasgow Rangers). You will no doubt remember Terry taking on all of Ruislip Manor's debts after the Club were unceremoniously shown the door at Grosvenor Vale in 2008 by Wealdstone who had acquired the lease of the Ruislip Sports & Social Club behind Ruislip Manor's back, Ruislip Manor were sadly unable to continue, having been in existence since 1938, however Terry was determined to keep the Club alive albeit under the then new name of Tokyngton Manor and now with London Rangers FC:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Rangers_F.C.

Edited by Rhodes

Very informative Rhodes. I wasn't aware that London Rangers were a sort of reincarnation of Ruislip Manor in some ways. I moved away some time ago after being a lifelong Ruislip fan but remember you rolling the red carpet out at Tokyngton for me and my family on a visit to North West London over a decade ago.

5 hours ago, Manorite said:

Very informative Rhodes. I wasn't aware that London Rangers were a sort of reincarnation of Ruislip Manor in some ways. I moved away some time ago after being a lifelong Ruislip fan but remember you rolling the red carpet out at Tokyngton for me and my family on a visit to North West London over a decade ago.

Manorite - I have to say that I am surprised you didn't know however London Rangers are not a 'sort of reincarnation' of Ruislip Manor, they are Ruislip Manor in all but name and Terry Springer has been careful to continue the legacy of the once great Club, formed in 1938, and who, amongst other successes, reached the FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round in 1990/91 losing 5-2 to, then Southern League Premier Division, Halesowen Town, I assume you were in attendance.

Just now, Manorite said:

Ruislip Manor in all but name - apart from the fact they don't play anywhere near Ruislip 😄. Yes I was at that great fixture versus Halesowen. Long time ago now! 

Manorite - Well don't take my word for it, it's there in Wikipedia for all to see, the Club would gladly play in Ruislip if they could find a suitable ground there.

3 hours ago, Manorite said:

League Table (londonrangers.org.uk) - yet no mention on website. How strange.... :) 

Manorite - I'm not quite sure what you are getting at, a mention of what on the website. Anyway, I do recall the Club's loyal fans coming to watch Tokyngton Manor a number of times at the so called Hidden Gem, and later at Reynolds Field, and who, you may recall, used to post on this Forum back in the day under the guise of Lato, Spidermanor and Manorborn. I often wondered what became of them especially LATO who was a character, we even met up occasionally for 'Forum drinks' at the Hamilton Hall pub on Liverpool Street Station which was very enjoyable especially putting faces to names, lots of members used to turn up particularly the Hornchurch fraternity.

Manorite - It was a shame that some members delighted in having a dig at Tokyngton Manor back in the day such as this thread entitled 'Jokyngton Manor', I've never understood why that was. The Club always went that extra Country mile such as with the match programme and hospitality, you said yourself that we rolled out the red carpet for you and your family and some local match Officials said that they prayed being allocated a Tokyngton Manor home fixture:

Edited by Rhodes

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 15/04/2023 at 11:30, Rhodes said:

Manorite - Well don't take my word for it, it's there in Wikipedia for all to see, the Club would gladly play in Ruislip if they could find a suitable ground there.

Interesting.

I never knew this 👍

I've watched a lot of Middlesex County Football League games over the last 5 or 6 years but I've never had the pleasure of watching London Rangers FC play yet.

On 27/05/2023 at 20:53, Manorite said:

Agreed Rhodes. Do you ever come across your old pal Loosely by any chance? Those were heady days on this forum indeed 

Loosely disappeared from this forum many years ago like so many other members sadly have.

Edited by Savagebee

On 21/06/2023 at 09:47, Savagebee said:

I never knew this 👍

Savagebee - I have to say I am surprised you didn't know, it's common knowledge, the Club will play in the newly introduced Combined Counties League Division Two this coming season so hopefully you will get an opportunity to see them play.

On 24/06/2023 at 16:14, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - I have to say I am surprised you didn't know, it's common knowledge, the Club will play in the newly introduced Combined Counties League Division Two this coming season so hopefully you will get an opportunity to see them play.

What London Rangers FC ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/06/2023 at 16:14, Rhodes said:

On 27/06/2023 at 18:27, Savagebee said:

What London Rangers FC ?

https://football.mitoo.co.uk/LeagueTab.cfm?TblName=Matches&DivisionID=671&LeagueCode=MDX2023

Savagebee - Yes, that's correct, London Rangers have two teams next season, one competing in the Middlesex County League Division Two and the other, more senior team, in the newly introduced Combined Counties League Division Two.

23 hours ago, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Yes, that's correct, London Rangers have two teams next season, one competing in the Middlesex County League Division Two and the other, more senior team, in the newly introduced Combined Counties League Division Two.

Interesting 🤔

Will keep a 👁 on both teams this season.

23 hours ago, Rhodes said:

https://fulltime.thefa.com/index.html;jsessionid=31876F025DAFA668F6BB7A3F09D2408D?selectedSeason=34407278&selectedFixtureGroupAgeGroup=0&selectedDivision=401068103&selectedCompetition=0

Savagebee - Not SSML but this may be of interest, the full Middlesex County League Constitution, courtesy of The Cold End. Can you see London Tigers bouncing straight back, there are some interesting new Club's in the Premier Division:

https://thecoldend.blogspot.com/2023/07/middlesex-county-league-constitution.html

Edited by Rhodes

On 14/07/2023 at 14:49, Rhodes said:

Savagebee - Not SSML but this may be of interest, the full Middlesex County League Constitution, courtesy of The Cold End. Can you see London Tigers bouncing straight back, there are some interesting new Club's in the Premier Division:

https://thecoldend.blogspot.com/2023/07/middlesex-county-league-constitution.html

👍

Savagebee - Do you recall the innovative partnership Tokyngton Manor had with QPR back in the day, the 'Super Hoops' couldn't do enough for us with the majority of our players from the Club's West London catchment area. I still have this information and photograph on file and the very high profile 'One Game West London' Community Forum on Wednesday 24 February 2010 at Loftus Road, it was a night to remember:

Manor were represented at the very high profile 'One Game West London' Community Forum on Wednesday 24 February at QPR's Loftus Road organised by the 'Kick It Out' campaign in partnership with QPR and the Middlesex FA. Distinguished speakers included Brendan Batson, QPR star Mikele Leigertwood, former player Clive Wilson and Middlesex FA Cheif Executive Peter Clayton and eyebrows were raised at Tokyngton Manor's amazing achievements in the Community thus far.

24593_323668951900_4465138_n.jpg