Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Party time

How very frustrating… they’ve suddenly transformed from bottom of the table relegation certainties to the form team in the division! Shame on Dartford for losing to this lot, you’d think they’d want to wrap up 2nd place? Hope they don’t get it now, useless buggers. I’d actually be a bit annoyed if I was the Concord manager, why find the extra effort and determination now and not in the 40 odd previous games! The mysteries of football… (rant over).

It’s RR fault for starting this thread…

Concord play Hampton & Richmond Saturday who have nothing to play for. 

Hungerford v Dulwich is huge as Dulwich then play Concord on Tuesday! 

We’ll be fine regardless but I’m looking forward to celebrating a great win at the seaside on Saturday to confirm our status once and for all. 

We'll certainly have to match Weymouth for grit and determination because they're in the last chance saloon and will have the backing of a vociferous home crowd.

I think I'm also right in saying we're planning to make a few changes to give players a chance to impress which hopefully won't come back to bite us on the backside.

Braintree are playing Eastbourne on Saturday, if they lose or draw they will have to beat us on Saturday to have a chance of reaching the play-offs.

Edited by Reading Rebel

10 hours ago, GlenSTFC said:

How very frustrating… they’ve suddenly transformed from bottom of the table relegation certainties to the form team in the division! Shame on Dartford for losing to this lot, you’d think they’d want to wrap up 2nd place? Hope they don’t get it now, useless buggers. I’d actually be a bit annoyed if I was the Concord manager, why find the extra effort and determination now and not in the 40 odd previous games! The mysteries of football… (rant over).

It’s RR fault for starting this thread…

Force feed him that hat!

I wanted to make this post last week after the Farnborough game, but I thought I'd wait until it was mathematically certain. I then wanted to make it last Tuesday. And last Thursday, then last Saturday, and then Tuesday. But I can finally make it now.

Massive congratulations to Scott & the team in steadying the ship and securing our status for another year. A finish between 17th-20th may not sound like much, but given the off-the-field issues when Bakes & Unders left in November I honestly though we were goners.

An achievement that certainly shouldn't go underestimated.

After the Farnborough game I put a post on saying we can do this and we are all 100% behind team and if we survived it will be one of the biggest achievements this club has ever done.

Well we have done it, From where we were in December to stay in this league is just outstanding.

Huge praise and thanks to Scott and everyone involved, it's been a momumental effort.

We have such a special club which all us rebels will support forever.

Looking forward to Saturday.

One very happy rebel

COYR

15 minutes ago, Nathan said:

I wanted to make this post last week after the Farnborough game, but I thought I'd wait until it was mathematically certain. I then wanted to make it last Tuesday. And last Thursday, then last Saturday, and then Tuesday. But I can finally make it now.

Massive congratulations to Scott & the team in steadying the ship and securing our status for another year. A finish between 17th-20th may not sound like much, but given the off-the-field issues when Bakes & Unders left in November I honestly though we were goners.

An achievement that certainly shouldn't go underestimated.

Or unrewarded!

42 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

Fantastic achievement from Scott, Toggs and Yella to keep us in the NLS for another season when it seemed the only way we were heading was down. 

Just need to hear more good news when we finally get to meet our new owners and what their plans are for next season.

COYR!!!!!!!!!

I second those comments RR.

I Voted for Francis goal v Hampton it was a great ball to Francis who skipped around the goalie and into an empty net.

It was such an important goal for our season as they had one disallowed minutes earlier and we got the big 3 points.

I said another 4 to 5 wins 1 or 2 draws and we would stay up. COYREBELS