Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Squad for season 2023/4

37 minutes ago, Curtis said:

Alex Horne was also on the Fit & Proper podcast posted by MichaelSTFC. He is a director at Chesham.

He mentioned on the podcast that Jeanmal was their Player of the Season, a great person & a big loss.

I’m not sure the signing of five good established players from the level below us is going to make us favourites for promotion, but I definitely got the impression that over the last four or five seasons we couldn’t compete on wages for these type of players.

We’re signing the cream of the crop, these players were minutes away from being NLS players and all have that winning mentality. They’ve all stepped up to the challenge and want to test and better themselves so I’m fully on board with this and much rather have these signings than some ‘journeymen’ or only here for the money signings. With another couple to sign and if we can get the goalkeeper right and get lucky again like we did with Will we could be in for an exciting season.

On 12/05/2023 at 09:29, Reading Rebel said:

I thought I'd start this thread in anticipation of today's news and going forward to the start of the new season.

Due to popular demand 😅 I'll update this list as and when required.

Goalkeeper

Defenders

Josh Jackman

Gabe George

Midfield

Scott Davies

Johnny Goddard

Matt Lench

Forwards

Ahem… shouldn’t your school project be updated by now?

22 hours ago, Reading Rebel said:

I wonder where 😅

Our latest signing is Dan Bayliss, center back from Bracknell.

Excellent signing!

I rate Dan highly and have heard good things from others that have seen him, brings some height to the defence as well and talking.

14 minutes ago, Scott Davies said:

3… there’s another on the way next week Friday. 👍🏼

Would you mind confirming if the retained players announced are all the ones we’re keeping or are you still waiting on others to confirm as there seems to be 7 players from last seasons squad left with no news on them?

17 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

Would you mind confirming if the retained players announced are all the ones we’re keeping or are you still waiting on others to confirm as there seems to be 7 players from last seasons squad left with no news on them?

Ogo, Tyrese, Walshy -  the door has been left open for them to come in and prove their worth. Still would like to see more from them. But in the meantime they’ll be talking to other clubs.

Bushy - undecided as to what he wants to do. He’s got a litlun and the travelling is an issue. Think he’s adapted extremely well to the NLS and yet again fitted in very well with the lads. So he’s torn with his decision.

Elliot - he’s been great for us, and a real big part of the changing room too. He’s currently weighing up the options he has elsewhere as we spoke about a possible deal but unsure it would work for him. So just left that one to see how it pans out.

Hally - he will depart. He’s had a lot of offers at step 3. He’s never put a foot wrong for us but he wants to play every week and can’t guarantee him that with who we have brought in. I’ve welcomed him back pre season but unlikely to happen.

It’s that time of the season where everyone is in limbo, but as always I’ll try and keep you all in the loop as best I can. 👍🏼

5 minutes ago, Scott Davies said:

Ogo, Tyrese, Walshy -  the door has been left open for them to come in and prove their worth. Still would like to see more from them. But in the meantime they’ll be talking to other clubs.

Bushy - undecided as to what he wants to do. He’s got a litlun and the travelling is an issue. Think he’s adapted extremely well to the NLS and yet again fitted in very well with the lads. So he’s torn with his decision.

Elliot - he’s been great for us, and a real big part of the changing room too. He’s currently weighing up the options he has elsewhere as we spoke about a possible deal but unsure it would work for him. So just left that one to see how it pans out.

Hally - he will depart. He’s had a lot of offers at step 3. He’s never put a foot wrong for us but he wants to play every week and can’t guarantee him that with who we have brought in. I’ve welcomed him back pre season but unlikely to happen.

It’s that time of the season where everyone is in limbo, but as always I’ll try and keep you all in the loop as best I can. 👍🏼

Appreciate the update Scott.

1 hour ago, Scott Davies said:

We forgot about Kayani!

Like everyone I am pleased by the 5 new signings, my only reservation is they are all from step 3. I was hoping that we could have attracted two outfield players from the NLS to add proven quality to the team,thus not breaking the bank but addressing the players that have left our team.

I'm glad Nathan Minhas is finally joining Slough, at last a goal poacher but with Mickel Platt a raw,young and not necessarily Bracknell's first choice striker I'm worried that we have no back up if Ogo Obi does seek greener pastures. It also looks exacerbated if a wily experienced NLS campaigner like Elliot Benyon leaves,too. With Scott also showing Imran Kayani the door, we need a bit more firepower than just Nathan and Mickel. I hope Scott has someone/s else in mind up front, as to me that looks a priority.

What is good with the new signings is they are all of a good age and no one is 'over the hill'. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do in pre-season.  

56 minutes ago, 3spirit said:

Like everyone I am pleased by the 5 new signings, my only reservation is they are all from step 3. I was hoping that we could have attracted two outfield players from the NLS to add proven quality to the team,thus not breaking the bank but addressing the players that have left our team.

I'm glad Nathan Minhas is finally joining Slough, at last a goal poacher but with Mickel Platt a raw,young and not necessarily Bracknell's first choice striker I'm worried that we have no back up if Ogo Obi does seek greener pastures. It also looks exacerbated if a wily experienced NLS campaigner like Elliot Benyon leaves,too. With Scott also showing Imran Kayani the door, we need a bit more firepower than just Nathan and Mickel. I hope Scott has someone/s else in mind up front, as to me that looks a priority.

What is good with the new signings is they are all of a good age and no one is 'over the hill'. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do in pre-season.  

Wasn't Mickel Bracknell's 2nd top goal scorer with 16?

18 hours ago, 3spirit said:

It is a gamble having all new signings from lower levels so possibly this new signing to be announced on Friday will be a player from our level or a higher level with some pedigree. 

I’m really not fussed about players coming from this level or that level. I’d much rather players that have a hunger and desire and are playing football as they’re aiming to progress in their careers.

The ones dropping down the levels usually have nothing to play for other than getting weighed in financially because of where they’ve been and they have no chance of getting back into the full time game, unless they’re a good age still.

I’ve been there myself with people throwing silly amounts at me 7-8 years ago as that was what I wanted at the time, but had no real desire to work my way back into the professional game. Football was just a bit of fun and something to pay my bills. I then found the love again some years later…

Oxford City had success this year and believe that two of their regular starters (Parker & Carroll) had ever played in the football league.I’d much rather lads who going to give everything, on the pitch and wanting to learn.

With regards to the signing for next week, it’s a player who has just been promoted from Step 3 to 2 but doesn’t want to play in the Conference North. He’s got very good experience having played 100 games minimum at Conference South.