Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Squad for season 2023/4

31 minutes ago, Scott Davies said:

Mickel had 2 other step 2 clubs and a few step 3 clubs.

Rhys is genuinely one of the nicest lads you could wish to meet but has probably been a victim of us being able to get in a loan keeper (Will Dennis) at no cost at all. It’s one of those positions where I’ve been offered 7-8 keepers from Premier League/Championship clubs yet again for next season at zero cost. It’s allows us to spend more money in other areas of the pitch which obviously helps.

We will have a few in on trial during pre-season to see who we go with. An important position that we must get right! 

I've always thought the cost was split between the 2 clubs so really surprised there's no cost involved.

Edited by Reading Rebel

8 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

I've always thought the cost was split between the 2 clubs so really surprised there's no cost involved.

I guess it’s beneficial to the parent club to have a club play and nurture their young players. For what that players earns will be absolute peanuts to a Championship and most definitely a Premier League club. It seems our reputation has spread with what we did with Will so to have so many options to try pre season is exciting and hopefully we can find another Will.

9 minutes ago, GlenSTFC said:

I guess it’s beneficial to the parent club to have a club play and nurture their young players. For what that players earns will be absolute peanuts to a Championship and most definitely a Premier League club. It seems our reputation has spread with what we did with Will so to have so many options to try pre season is exciting and hopefully we can find another Will.

I suppose the only worrying bit is getting the right keeper in with the start of the season so close.

Also not being offered keepers who are young i.e. 17/18 year olds who are inexperienced only having played academy/boys football.

Getting another Will Dennis will be a tough ask. 

Edited by Reading Rebel

4 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

I suppose the only worrying bit is getting the right keeper in with the start of the season so close.

Also not being offered keepers who are young i.e. 17/18 year olds who are inexperienced only having played academy/boys football.

Getting another Will Dennis will be a tough ask. 

But we don’t know what age and experience these keepers are? It’s very unlikely we’d sign a 17/18 year old inexperienced keeper is it? Out of the 8 keepers offered, the management team including the goalkeeper coach will study videos and get feedback from the clubs they’ve played for last season then decide which 2 or 3 to invite for pre season. The intensive pre season will then determine which one is best for us. 

3 hours ago, SloughFlyer said:

On twitter about 30 minutes ago RR.

Hurrah !

2 hours ago, Matt said:

It definitely wasn’t!

Well lets put it this way, it wasn't on the web site, twitter etc when I looked and when I switched over to the Trust Facebook page it was there.

Perhaps it was put on at the same time? 

Edited by Reading Rebel