Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Squad for season 2023/4

21 minutes ago, SloughFlyer said:

Interesting signing as we didn't really play with wingers last season under Scott (wing backs but not out and out wingers). Will be interesting to see how the team lines up with the options we have so far (and too come).

At the moment the squad looks very attack minded which I think is what Scott wants.

It's all about getting the balance right.

23 minutes ago, Wycombe Rebel said:

If Abisogun adapts to Step 2, we’ve signed some player 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Bayliss is a cracking signing also 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

I think I’ve worked out who the player on the left of the photo is 🫶🏻🙏🏻

You along with every man and his dog  :laugh(2):

Apart from Curtis 😉

Firstly, all excellent signings and players who appear to have the hunger to test and excel themselves. Really looking forward to seeing them all play and gel as a team, it could be an exciting season! I do wonder though as these have all been announced now are they all on contract? If not then surely that’s a big risk they could be tempted elsewhere and you only have their word? Only ask as nearly every other pre season we’ve not announced until league forms come out unless we specified the player has signed a contract. 

2 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

You along with every man and his dog  :laugh(2):

Apart from Curtis 😉

Well he’s used to playing in front of said man and his dog… 😉

Just now, GlenSTFC said:

Firstly, all excellent signings and players who appear to have the hunger to test and excel themselves. Really looking forward to seeing them all play and gel as a team, it could be an exciting season! I do wonder though as these have all been announced now are they all on contract? If not then surely that’s a big risk they could be tempted elsewhere and you only have their word? Only ask as nearly every other pre season we’ve not announced until league forms come out unless we specified the player has signed a contract. 

I would guess the younger ones with potential to go higher will be on a contract.

I was listening to Talksport earlier on and they were interviewing the new Chesham director and celebrity Alex Horne.

He happened to mention that Chesham are gutted at losing their best player Jeanmal Prosper to Slough.

One of the presenters jokingly said Slough must be the Man City of non league :laugh(2):

Edited by Reading Rebel

7 minutes ago, Reading Rebel said:

I was listening to Talksport earlier on and they were interviewing the new Chesham owner and celebrity Alex Horne.

He happened to mention that Chesham are gutted at losing their best player Jeanmal Prosper to Slough.

One of the presenters jokingly said Slough must be the Man City of non league :laugh(2):

Hopefully not the Chelsea 🤣

Alex Horne was also on the Fit & Proper podcast posted by MichaelSTFC. He is a director at Chesham.

He mentioned on the podcast that Jeanmal was their Player of the Season, a great person & a big loss.

I’m not sure the signing of five good established players from the level below us is going to make us favourites for promotion, but I definitely got the impression that over the last four or five seasons we couldn’t compete on wages for these type of players.