Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

To sing or not to sing.......

There was a terrific article in the Mirror yesterday regarding the Man City supporters at White Hart Lane this week. The headline was "Listen up, you only win when you're singing."

3-0 down at half time and only 10 men on the pitch, it would be easy for the travelling support to jeer and get on their team's back. However, what they did is sing, chant, cheer and encourage their team and we all know what happened as a consequence, don't we Tottenham. It's not been the only mention of it either. Keegan even cited the support as a major factor in his team's remarkable come-back.

The article mentions the difference between home and away support. At home, there seems to be more pressure on the players to achieve a result and almost an expectancy for the home side to win. As a result, the crowd can easily turn on their team when things aren't going so well. Many players prefer to play away (if I remember correctly, it mentioned Van Nistelroy here)as they know the supporters in the stand are the true hard core that will cheer on their team no matter what. It is no suprise,then that many teams have shown their best form and reserved their best performances away from home.

Now, why does this all sound so horribly familiar......?

Certainly seems most of our players are more comfortable playing in front of large hostile crowds at Hereford, Chester and Exeter. Nothing worse than being told you're crap by your own followers (man with the loudest mouth opposite the main stand pls belt up) I'm also constantly baffled by how many people can have so many different opinions after watching the same match. E.G. The NLP report seemed to rate our performance highly in complete contrast to most comments on the Exeter message board. Also noticed Protheroe was marked 9 and Skinner 7 and yet Skins is leading the MOM

Its a very good point you bring up here, but the trouble is that the Casual Fans who attend Home Games could look at the great result away at Exeter (which only the Fleet Hardcore attended), then think lets all go down to the home Game against Hereford to see a repeat performance, but then be treated by a poor performance at home (lets hope not). Then they will go home thinking whats the point. Sounds very mercenary and disloyal but I reckon thats the mentality.

Speaking of Away Games and looking at the FGR Site where the hell is Nailsworth and whats the nearest Train Station??

Just get the coach, a lot easier and ensures that it will run and people like me who cant get the train will be able to go. Also it helps support the Supporters trust (if u havent already joined). I've been really looking forward to this game so I am hoping the coach will run!!