Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Ray ellingham

Another Game

Website is fine Dave, I look at it frequently during the day for any latest news. Perhaps others should too, eh!

Is this game free entry for Season Tkt holders?

Thks

Quote:
David Holden said:
And who do you think updates the website pratt?

i take it,thats you then Mr Happy.wiggle.gif
All i'm saying is that,you tend to get more news on here,quicker than you do on the website.
As a website,it is very good,much better than some of the other conference sites.

Don't upset the webmaster!!!

He does a wonderful job, (whilst maintaining a full time job as well)

When you do as much work for the club as he does, then you can start critisising.

OK, thats my sucking up to Dave finished for the day!

Great, can't wait, hopefully we can make up for the pre season. I know they probably wont play much of their first team but i cant help getting excited at the prospect of more games!!!

Quote:
Squawkident said:
why does everyone on here get so upset?I wasn't criticising.

Quote:
as mostly the website sucks when it comes to updating anything.

Quote:
Squawkident said:
i personally hope they play a full reserve side.we are not safe from the drop yet!
can't afford injuries.

I would have thought that the risk of injuries occuring was the same no matter who was playing. I would like to see a few of their first teamers. Also I wouldnt see us playing a full strength squad, I think this could be an excuse for Andy to have a look at a few players.......

Quote:
Squawkident said:
here you can allow for spelling mistakes and poor layout etc etc.
On an official website you cannot.

Squawk, do you actually know anything about web design? How to do it, what's involved, etc? Just that every time you open your mouth, a huge great unsubtle hairy foot goes straight in.

Quote:
Squawkident said:
well compared to this site it does!
I can only think that it takes a considerable amount of time to update anything on a website.So the news comes on here first.here you can allow for spelling mistakes and poor layout etc etc.
On an official website you cannot.

With respect you are talking utter crap. Where do you think the information comes from in the first place?

The club tells me when something happens and I add it to the website. Usual delay between getting the info and putting it on is less than 30 minutes.

For example the item that started this thread was on the news page 12 hours before it turned up here.

People then read the news page and put on here so that the idle ones who can't be arsed to look elsewhere think that it was here first.

Slow down, Dave, that's several points you're making in one go - give the lad a chance to digest the first two syllables at least...

Quote:
David Holden said:
With respect you are talking utter crap. Where do you think the information comes from in the first place?

The club tells me when something happens and I add it to the website. Usual delay between getting the info and putting it on is less than 30 minutes.

For example the item that started this thread was on the news page 12 hours before it turned up here.

People then read the news page and put on here so that the idle ones who can't be arsed to look elsewhere think that it was here first.

fair enough dave,i'll leave this touchy subject well alone now.meant no offence.