Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Leyton FC

I don't want to make it sound like sour grapes as it appears we only complain when we lose (Stansted and Leyton) but the attitude of Leyton's chairman was disgraceful. Im sure this story will go on and on, the basics are as follows. Entered the ground as normal and decided to stand behind the goal. I was greeted by a yellow jacketed gorilla who advised myself and my 2 fellow supporters that we could not stand behind the goal. When we questioned why, we were told because the chairman says so and if you dont like it the gates over there get your £4 back and f**k off. I was later told that the elected Enfield Town chairman ask if we could stand behind the goal and was promptly told that he wasn't letting us give his goalie abuse and if we didn't like it we could f**k off.<p>Later at half time a number of ETFC supporters tried to stand behind the goal again. This time we saw the Chairman of Leyton head butt a member of the ETFC crowd. <p>I therefore ask the question. Should a man like this be allowed to run a club in any league ? <p>I have appreciated the comments of Greg O and im sure his feelings and comments are genuine but this sort of thing cannot happen at any level and it is essential that the league takes action against thugs like this. Greg O have Leyton done this before ? Do the stewards in attendance on Saturday usually turn up ?<p>This is not sour grapes in any way, we were well beaten by Concord and we took defeat in the way it should be taken. <p>THM

Hiya <p>Well in my opinion the behavior of our chairman was unacceptable. I dont know where the stewards came from but certainly a few of them are supporters of the club however the abuse you were subjected to was totally uncalled for. <p>I dont know what prompted such reactions....i think it was because our goalkeeper got verbally abused at Brimsdown earlier in the season. However....the higher you go in football the more supporters you are going to encounter and I think that anyone hoping to play football at a higher level just needs to ignore the oppositions supporters and get on with the game. its all part and parcel of it.....i realise that and I hope alot more of supporters do as well.

Maybe its jealousy...that ETFC have such wonderful and loyal support.....I dont know....But i dont have a prob with it...i think its given our league a breath of fresh air.....<p>Cheers Greg O

• 9 years later...

Hiya <p>Well in my opinion the behavior of our chairman was unacceptable. I dont know where the stewards came from but certainly a few of them are supporters of the club however the abuse you were subjected to was totally uncalled for. <p>I dont know what prompted such reactions....i think it was because our goalkeeper got verbally abused at Brimsdown earlier in the season. However....the higher you go in football the more supporters you are going to encounter and I think that anyone hoping to play football at a higher level just needs to ignore the oppositions supporters and get on with the game. its all part and parcel of it.....i realise that and I hope alot more of supporters do as well.

Maybe its jealousy...that ETFC have such wonderful and loyal support.....I dont know....But i dont have a prob with it...i think its given our league a breath of fresh air.....<p>Cheers Greg O

its all irrevalent now clubs went bust.