Welcome to the new sotware Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
behindthegoal

Gillingham match

One of the best "friendlies" I can remember.

Certainly if it had been a real match then ref would have flashed a number of cards as the tackles that went in a times were far from training session level. No doubt the invitation to use the bath first to Macca and the idiot in Blue was not official. I thought as usual we matched the opposition up to half time and deserved to be at least one up. Nice football and Wilko made a couple of great saves.

As usual 2nd half defensive lapses cost us although all the subs made it a bit unreal. Who was the 26? I assumed it was Bone but was in the bar at half-time and missed the name changes.

All in all a good night especially as it was free to season ticket holders but it was odd going to a match on a Monday evening. Its still better on a Tuesday!

...just read the previous post re No 26 so all explained. I thought he looked quite good too and agree Pinnock looked sharp but it did not lead to much. I roughly counted the crowd at about 250. Shame not more there given the standard of play.

Our Number 26 - simple message - SIGN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!! fast, skillful, strong, good tackler - one to shut the moaners up this one!

Whole first half team played very well against a super quick gills forward line.

Although Drury and Shearer werent at their best it must be realised that they were up against 1st Division opposition.

All in all a brilliant evenings entertainment.

One sour point - Why cant we play like last night every week!!!!!!!!!!!! lol, we'd be top!

Quote:
Charles Webster said:
No, Sidibe(number 26) is not the player referred to by andy in his interview with me in the NLP. Watch this space.....................

And it's Tuesday. You tease...