Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

league champs

It seams that after all the boasting about how etfc are going to walk the league and they should of with the players they have got they havent.Wot excuse are thay going to use now except "we have had a good first season".Well all the promis about ryman football by mr chandler hasent hapend.

Most of us were expecting to win the league, which we didn't. Congratulations, Leyton.<p>I don't remember Enfield Town's supporters saying we were going to walk it, although some may have got carried away in enthusiasm.<p>We couldn't organise a Ryman class ground in time, but we were only formed in June last year. Now we will try to win the league next season, and reach the Ryman one year later than originally planned.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sirop:

<strong>they should of with the players they have got </strong><hr></blockquote><p>No excuses, Leyton were more consistent over the season. However, I must disagree with the above comment. After all it is Leyton that have the far bigger wage bill and can offer signing on fees etc to its players. Leyton have won the league and now go on to Ryman's Div 2 which bearing in mind the reorganisation of the league is only a side ways move.

ETFC will hopefully now go on and win the Essex league next year and leap frog Leyton into Div 1.

Then again maybe we won't but least we will enjoy ourselves in the process. <p>THM

I don't know where you've been Mr Syrup or who you've been talking to, but I don't know of any "boasting" that we were "going to walk the league". We were all pleasantly surprised at the good start we made - 8 straight wins I think - and began to think we COULD win it. Some began to be convinced that we would. But boasting? I think not. <p>We have got some excellent skilfull footballers, and yes we could have been more consistent. Some silly points were dropped, from our point of view. <p>When did Jim Chandler "promise" Ryman football? To the best of my knowledge he has never said anything of the sort, and he is far too sensible to make such a rash promise. One day, yes. Soon. yes. But a ground to play on would be handy!<p>Yes, we have had a good first season, do you not agree? The first training night last June was attended by 7 players. 9 months later, finished second, 1 cup, a final to come, and a semi-final reached, some brilliant football played, I'd call that a good first season. And what's been created off the pitch is a bit special too.<p>Anyway, my congratulations to Leyton on their championship, you won it fair and square in the end, notwithstandong our little disagreement - with one person only, not your players, coaching staff or supporters. Our own record would normally be good enough to win the league, so fair play to you.<p>I hope you get elected to the Ryman, and wish you good luck next year. We'll be playing you in league action again soon! Of course I won't wish you luck in the League Cup Final, but it should be a great game and a great day out.

Who are Leyton?<p>The REAL Leyton FC merged with Walthamstow Pennant. Did some travellers park their caravans at Lea Bridge Road and start kicking a ball around and hijack the name of Leyton FC?<p>Looking forward to Romford FC's meetings with Enfield Town in the ESL, if they will take us back. You're right ETFC Romford FC are not a bad lot, at least you won't have to come to Sungate, the dump to beat all dumps!<p>Well done ETFC on a great first season, hope we survive the current crisis.<p>Up The Boro'.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hoarse Whisperer:

<strong>Who are Leyton?<p>The REAL Leyton FC merged with Walthamstow Pennant.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Is this correct? I understood that most of the people involved with Leyton FC walked out, joined Walthamstow Pennant, and changed the name to Leyton Pennant. A few people left at Leyton simply carried on.<p>Please could someone tell me the real true story of what happened?<p>There is not a lot of information on <p>Leyton FC's official site.

I don't know the background, but Leyton claim to be the oldest team in London. From what I remember of the programme notes, there have been a couple of legal wrangles over the name as well. It did state that they have reformed a few times as well, so althought the team might not be the oldest, it looks as though the name is.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sirop:

<strong>It seams that after all the boasting about how etfc are going to walk the league and they should of with the players they have got they havent.Wot excuse are thay going to use now except "we have had a good first season".Well all the promis about ryman football by mr chandler hasent hapend.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>There's been lots of sensible replies made to you Sirop so it only goes for me to say you are a:<p>Stupid

Irritating

Rude

Obviously senile

PRATT<p> smile.gif" border="0 smile.gif" border="0 smile.gif" border="0 smile.gif" border="0 smile.gif" border="0 smile.gif" border="0 smile.gif" border="0 smile.gif" border="0 <p>Shreddies do not keep hunger locked up till lunchtime!

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by The Horse's Mouth:

<strong><p>Leyton have won the league and now go on to Ryman's Div 2 which bearing in mind the reorganisation of the league is only a side ways move.

ETFC will hopefully now go on and win the Essex league next year and leap frog Leyton into Div 1. <p>

THM</strong><hr></blockquote><p>Er... no! Div 2 will be the only feeder with an automatic entry until is disappears (in 3/4 seasons?) - other feeders will still have to apply.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Colin, Germany:

<strong><p>Is this correct? I understood that most of the people involved with Leyton FC walked out, joined Walthamstow Pennant, and changed the name to Leyton Pennant. A few people left at Leyton simply carried on.<p>Please could someone tell me the real true story of what happened?<p>There is not a lot of information on <p>Leyton FC's official site.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>You're not wrong there. That they're the oldest team in London is the ONLY info!<p> smile.gif" border="0 smile.gif" border="0 smile.gif" border="0 smile.gif" border="0 smile.gif" border="0 smile.gif" border="0 smile.gif" border="0 smile.gif" border="0 <p>Shreddies do not keep hunger locked up till lunchtime!