Jump to content
Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Guest

Limited Liability

Recommended Posts

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Hoarse Whisperer:

<strong>The fodder wasn't too bad if my memory serves me well.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">There probably wasn't any bread pudding at that F.A. Vase match. I understand that there is a very good bread pudding at Enfield Town home matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Invisible beer for the invisible man? A bit harsh invisible man, don't say that too loudly at Hertford Town they might not appreciate it.

 

As for limited liability status - it might introduce some disciplines that would be of benefit. However on the other hand there is a lot of cost and necessary paperwork which might be too much work for the current management team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

What are the cheese rolls like?

 

As all the Romford website readers know I've been very much into them since my early Brooklands days!

 

I refuse to visit you if you don't have any available.

 

Up the Boro!!

 

<img border="0" title="" alt="[Eek!]" src="images/icons/shocked.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[Eek!]" src="images/icons/shocked.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[Eek!]" src="images/icons/shocked.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[Eek!]" src="images/icons/shocked.gif" />

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey old Twinkletoes - Every Club does what it can. Most will try to meet your need but remember that funds/supporters are limited in many of the clubs so if you take 100 + sup[porters to an away game get there early or you might be unlucky for your Cheese roll.

 

We measure a club by the quality of its burgers as our arteries will testify.

 

<small>[ 24 June 2002, 06:49 PM: This message was edited by: admin ]</small>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by the invisible man:

<strong>Cyclops, as far as I'm concerned, McMullens were never IN brewing!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Having had a tour of the McMullen brewery in Hertford and sampled the various beers available (in large quantites I might add) I must say that your cooment is wrong!! However, there is some doubt over the brewery's future as I have read that the McMullen family may be selling up.

 

<img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" />

 

shreddies do not keep hunger locked up till lunchtime!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mr Happy:

<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by the invisible man:

<strong>Cyclops, as far as I'm concerned, McMullens were never IN brewing!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Having had a tour of the McMullen brewery in Hertford and sampled the various beers available (in large quantites I might add) I must say that your cooment is wrong!! However, there is some doubt over the brewery's future as I have read that the McMullen family may be selling up.

 

<img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" />

 

shreddies do not keep hunger locked up till lunchtime!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey Mc Mullens selling up!

 

It was the beer that always smelt like beer to me - a very malty pint. Since I am no longer near a Macs pub my palate has changed to the more hoppy London bitters however every now and then I have a pint which is just like my first one. Very rare but nostalgic to say the least. Lets get a petition up. The Ram at Hertford was my local every Wednesday for many years have even been stopped by the coppers at 2:00 am in the morning for a breathalyser.

 

Damn me first it was my labour party, then my football club now its the bloody beer. Just because I'm paranoid doesn't meant they're not after me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blimey, all these people defending McMullens beer! I never thought I'd see the day. Are you mad? Have you been out in the sun too long? Have the McMullens chemicals affected you in some sinister way?

 

Cyclops, Johnny M, I implore to you come to my aid and confirm that McMullens is probably the worst beer in the world!

 

I have to confess that I do actually drink in a McMullens pub. But I don't drink their stuff - I drink the Directors. And I only drink there because it's about the nicest pub in Chase Side and is not full of 12 year olds. Nicky Fartarse used to come in but I think he's gone to the Moon where its cheaper.

 

<small>[ 25 June 2002, 07:32 PM: This message was edited by: the invisible man ]</small>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I agree with The Invisible Man, I don't like McMullens beer either. Up here it's mainly Greene King and Charles Wells. Not too bad but my local was selling Youngs Special last week, which brought back many memories!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I may have missed something here but why would Hertford Town worry about any criticism of Macs. They give no support at all and the bar at Hertford is well served by Shepherd Neame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by The Cambridgeshire Branch:

<strong>I agree with The Invisible Man, I don't like McMullens beer either. Up here it's mainly Greene King and Charles Wells. Not too bad but my local was selling Youngs Special last week, which brought back many memories!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ah, Greene King - along with Fullers, one of my two favourites!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I went on the tour of the McMullen's brewery, the tour guide was quick to point out that they do not use loads of chemicals (of course, I appreciate that this could be just PR). However, I found that the Country was a great pint although the other ales were not so good.

 

I'm not a devoted fan of McMullens but feel that certain individuals' critisism is a little harsh.

 

However, give me a pint of Adnams Broadside in the Old Wheatsheaf, Windmill Hill any day. It is the kind of real ales (and death to anyone who says otherwise).

 

<img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" />

 

Shreddies do not keep hunger locked up till lunchtime!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by the invisible man:

<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by The Cambridgeshire Branch:

<strong>I agree with The Invisible Man, I don't like McMullens beer either. Up here it's mainly Greene King and Charles Wells. Not too bad but my local was selling Youngs Special last week, which brought back many memories!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Ah, Greene King - along with Fullers, one of my two favourites!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Seeing as GK are rumoured to be after McMullens you might be OK. AK will soon taste like GK IPA, Country Bitter like Abbot, etc. etc. Ever wondered why Old Speckled Hen tastes so much like Abbot these days?

Personally I'd rather drink Pitfield EKG, Youngs Bitter or Adnams Regatta at the moment, with Timothy Taylor Landlord or Dorothy Goodbody Golden Ale to follow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Is this some sort of competition to see who can stray furthest from the point?

 

Hope Ian the admin doesn't see this, you might get a slapped wrist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

That's as may be, but I think the Floyd really lost it when Roger Waters decided he'd rather be pursuing a solo career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Bald Rick:

<strong>Is this some sort of competition to see who can stray furthest from the point?

 

Hope Ian the admin doesn't see this, you might get a slapped wrist.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think that the best chocolate is Cadbury's. What do the rest of you think about the price of meat?

 

<img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" />

 

Shreddies do not keep hunger locked up till lunchtime!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think shreddies taste particularly pleasent when eaten on a day off just before I go to work!

 

<img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" />

 

Shreddies do not keep hunger locked up till luncthime!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The answer is that he lives in a parallel universe, where nothing the same same as it is to us. This means he can go to work on a day off.

 

It all makes sense really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mr Happy:

<strong>I think shreddies taste particularly pleasent when eaten on a day off just before I go to work!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">But how can this be? If it's a day off, how can you be going to work? I'm confused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, I'm just an honest hard working man who's never been in any trouble with the police who can't get a job due to a criminal conviction. My wife and kids have left me but I can't wait to get home and see them this evening after work where I shall have a bowl of Shreddies for my evening breakfast!!!???***

 

<img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" />

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.....PS Sarah. What's happened to your brother Matthew, he hasn't posted for a while?

 

<img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" />

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Mr Happy:

<strong>No, I'm just an honest hard working man who's never been in any trouble with the police who can't get a job due to a criminal conviction. My wife and kids have left me but I can't wait to get home and see them this evening after work where I shall have a bowl of Shreddies for my evening breakfast!!!???***

 

<img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> <img border="0" title="" alt="[smile]" src="images/icons/smile.gif" /> </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This turning into a Monty Python sketch....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 69 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

×