Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

what club has the best Burgers ???

I'm doing a top ten burgers of the Premier League (which isn't fair to the grounds I haven't visited this season) and would go to say Purfleet BUT the "Fleetburger" wasn't available when 'Ricay played there so they come last on a technical knockout!!!<p>Best burger I have had this season isn't from a Permier league club but from a 1st division club. Dulwich Hamlets burgers (the 1/2 pounder) is brill. Two 1/4 pounders of big, juicy, meaty burgers, stuffed into a quality bun with raw onions..................<p>Oooooooooooo, I'm drooling.<p>Dulwich Hamlet are No. one this season so far as an invitation side in my Top Ten list.......

Burgers are one thing, but what about the meat and potato pies we munched at Halesowen? Not many clubs in the south seem to go in for much else than burgers and chips (some noteable exceptions).<p>Merv CIFC

I think that everyone has completely overlooked Chalfont St Peter. In my 9 years of following the eagles home and away I have never tasted a better bacon 'avec' brown sauce roll as I did in that nice little town of Chalfont, shame there team was atrocious and there kit left a lot to be desired, however can't fault the old dears in the kitchen.<p>CANT WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW, WE MAY JUST DO IT....

I should do a "sweep" on who will respond to me when taking the p*** outof Canvey.<p>I'll go for Merv, everytime. Should win some cash.<p>Shame about CANV though. Wots wrong, don't he luv me anymore???? Come on CANV, lets have some banter, Merv fights unfair and starts quoting people. Not fair, I'll tell my Mummy.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by GazzaBTFC:

<strong>Merv fights unfair and starts quoting people. Not fair, I'll tell my Mummy.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>That is blatently untrue. What criteria are you basing that statement on? And before you start going on about...<p>Whoops!<p>Merv CIFC

Well, speaking from an Essex Senior League point of view, I'd have to say Basildon United - fillet steak in a bun!!! Amazing but true. Also Netherne Village FC for the sheer beauty of their bacon baguette... It might sound mickey mouse, but we've certainly eaten well this year.

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by EFM The Firm, The Voice:

<strong>Well what a surpise, Canvey saying they have the best burgers!

I don't think anyone who has eaten at Walton & Hersham can vote for anyone else, they are miles ahead!</strong><hr></blockquote><p>I have to agree they are really good. Mushrooms Onions the works. The Hot-dogs are good as well.<p>I can't comment on Canvey's burger cos they sold it while I was queueing smile.gif" border="0

The worst burger i ever had was at Gravesend and Northfleet in 1997. The bun was dry, the burgers were suss (hopping around like Roo meat does, the onions were sold out, the sauce watered down, not a piece of vegetable to be found at the burger hut near the corner flag, far end of the ground. Is there another hut there? Or was that it? My problem undountedly is i've spent a fair while downunder. A burger is a gastronomic delight, not only do you get a quarter pounder (always)and onions, but also grated carrot, lettuce, cucumber, tomato, cheese, and beetroot. You tell 'em what you don't want or they just keep going. all for less than a couple of notes. Better still is a works burger, real slice of runp steak plus a hard fried egg and pineapple ring, they spear it with a huge cocktail stick to help keep it together. Eating its a work of art, you nibble the edges so not to have liquid running down ya arms and all that for about 2.50. <p>A couple of years ago i had a burger (chips were worse) from bedford Town, that was possibly more hideous than the GNFC effort, I hear the Italian lokking/sounding guy has now lost the franchise but the memory will remain forever. This cheerful wapp telling me I was about to enjoy the best burger ever hahahaha!<p>[ 09 March 2002: This message was edited by: Iron knob ]</p>

The burgers at Canvey today were brill pity they sold out by half time,still not used to a big away following I suppose.Beer was nice in the bar afterwards to tasted like champagne as I wathed Canvey fans swilling theirs down with large ammounts of sour grapes. You were so lucky. UP THE EAGLES.