Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Are our Grounds Good Enough

Freebird

Are the grounds in the SSML up to standard for promotion into the Rymans League set-up<P>Potters Bar and Hoddesdon have built new stands in recent seasons.<P>SAVE, London Colney and SYCOB have also down some work.<P>But are we moving fast enough to keep pace with the grading requirements

I seem to recall that when EFC were at Southbury Road, their ground wouldn't have come up to Isthmian Premier League's standard because of the building work down one side of the pitch. Old Trafford wouldn't have come up to standard at that time for the same reason although it was fine for that mickey mouse Premiership.

This is taken from Enfield Town's programme last night (thanks to Dave Bryant):<P>Ryman 'C' grading (necessary for Ryman Division 2): ground to be capable of holding 2000 spectators, including a main stand for 100 supporters, and covered terracing for 100 more. An exterior boundary wall of 1.83m height. Other requirements regarding entrances/exits, refreshment facilities, floodlights, PA system, toilets, dressing room and playing facilities were mentioned but no details given.<P>Ryman 'B' grading (necessary for Ryman Division 1): As above, but ground to hold 2500 spectators, main stand for 150 people, and covered terracing for 300 more.<P>I have given the 'B' grading as well, as it appears there is a chance that teams may be able to apply direct to the new regional Division 1's.

Taking into account the above C grading Somersett Ambury have the following.<P>Capable of holding 2000<BR>that many were there last sunday for a charity match<P>Main Stand and Cover<BR>at present we have 25 seats and cover for around 60<P>Boundary Wall<BR>at present like most grounds at this level we have post and rail fencing<BR>this is something the c grading needs to change as clubs are allowed into the FA Cup with this type of boundry<P>Entrances/exits, - got them<P>refreshment facilities, - inside clubhouse<P>floodlights, - Yes<P>PA system, - No<BR>SSML Requirement for coming season<P>toilets, - inside clubhouse<P>dressing room, everyone has these at this level <P>playing facilities - I think this has something to do with astroturf, and at least having a couple of blades of grass on the pitch<P>The main trouble looks to be the boundry wall and stand size all the rest is very minor stuff <P>All the SSML sides could get in if these rules were changed as i think is gong to happen<P>The main trouble would be Div Three sides getting back in.

Your floodlights also need to be a minimum of 120 lux.<P>Toilets other than those in the bar are a requirement (I think).<P>Most clubs outside the Isthmian generally find there's quite a bit to do...

Boundary wall of 1.83m is the perimeter wall/fence [6FT]between your ground and the outside world.How big are your supporters who<BR>lean on six feet high post and rail!Said perimeter fence must also be solid,i.e.no-one<BR>can watch for free.The biggest barrier is the<BR>unwritten law.Thou must appease the GOD that is TURVEY.Basically he says your in...your in<BR>f**k the rules,[THE MAN FROM DEL MONTE]He<BR>say no....your history!Best of luck....