Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Nick Boy

GNFC Money

Hi, I have been following the Fleet for a long time, and also follow your postings on this forum...since I'm only a lad I am unaware of the financial situation... Was Essendoh's 4k signing big money to the fleet? How much money do we have left?

Every penny has to be spent wisely..... the club's financial situation was helped by sponsorship & the cup results / sky tv money. Exact figures would, I'd imagine (& quite rightfully too) remain highly confidential.

It's not the clubs record signing but must be top 5 I would think.

To think wastrels like Richard Newbery also cost quite a bit.

Depressingly enough, I think Newbery is our joint record signing alongside Craig Wilkins. (£8,000?)

Is the £4000 the most money Andy Ford has spent on a player in terms of transfer fee during his charge?

The money from the Cup run and the Sponsorship deal is obviously very nice but presumably had it not been for this the Club would have made a loss similar to last season given the fact crowds are similar in numbers to last year.

Quote:
JimGNFC said:
Is the £4000 the most money Andy Ford has spent on a player in terms of transfer fee during his charge?

No - I believe that it was Andy who signed Wilkins for £8,000.

Fleetfanno1usa - you're confusing Wilkerson with Wilkins !! Wilkinswas a centre half/ striker, who left acouple of seasonsback and went to Dover, as he didnt like playing centre half, where Andy was playing him. Wilkerson is our current keeper!!