Welcome to the new software - Please read! Read more... ×
Fans Focus - Non League football clubs
Sign in to follow this  
Nick Boy

Jimmy Jackson

I can't say if he was enjoying himself but he was good & solid in that position. His departure did leave a hole in our defence which hasn't been completely filled yet hence Michael is kept quite busy having to come out to collect through balls or try & steal (usually successfully) the ball from strikers feet, both of whom are getting through our defence a little to often.

Good luck in the cup final & league. Nothing against Dane but you are the local team.

Mike F

chat.gif

hOOKY HERE,

I saw jacko and another fleet fan in gravesend on sat night and he would love to come back to us!!

i kept him up to date with all the goings on and he said that hed been to many of our games this season and as you all know his mum and dad still go. saw dagenham on sky ( the nine nil loss) and Jacko was class by far the best player!! jacko if you wana play for a real team you knwo where we are!!

Hi Gravesend 13, you are involved in youth teams then. Yes Matt Church did play for Longfield, with me as a matter of fact, left at the start of this season for Spartans however, I left 2 seasons back, how do you know us both?

Yeah i was amongst them, i dont know if you know or remember Dan Bond but i came to a couple of trainig sessions when he started and i seem to remember a load of other new kids there, and wernt you the tall boy who knocked us out of the cup about 3years ago! Who did you join after leaving the tigers?

Yeah thats me, core I'm such a star now! I left for Gravesend and Northfleet at the end of under 12's, and at the end of Under 13's left for Beauwaters, or you may know them as Rainhurst!

Yes, I do remember Daniel Bond, he signed on, aswell as two other kids who were in my class, didn't stay for very long after.

Did I knock you out of the cup? What did i do? lol

Well i remember the score being 2-2 and the game approacing extra-time and you scored a last minute winner, persumably by you, also do you know Matt Humphrey who lives in Istead Rise and attends Gravesend Grammar i think i played with you played footy with you and him up the field at istead with a couple of my mates along time ago though.

Not only did Matt come to Spartans but Paolo Mazzone came over to us with him at the same time.

Nick you shouldn't have mentioned that Beauwaters used to be called Raynehurst as they left the Gravesend Boys League under a cloud 2/3 seasons back. Its a shame as they (Raynehurst) were a very good side but a number of people tend to remember them for that last season.

Mike F

chat.gif

I also remember Paolo, he was a centre half for Longfield, if i remember, always improving, heard he likes to be off to bluewater a lot though in his time instead of training.

I don't know a lot about their history, perhaps you could send me a private message Mike? If this should be kept quiet.

Nick

I for one would welcome him back, no question.

To be honest, whether he stays at Dagenham next season depends on whether he would be willing to give up his farming I suspect. Not all players want to become full-time, after all - that's the reason why we were able to sign Mooro, who didn't want to become a full-time player at Borgchurch.

Admittedly, that's a tough one - Skinner would definitely be preferred at left-back, but I still feel that Jacko would be pushing Drury for the left-midfield slot.

Also, talking of Mooro and full-time football...

Look here

Heard that interview from Chris Moore on RK this morning - not surprised really - it is a big step for all concerned - after all football is short term and many players have careers (as opposed to just jobs) outside football;, that they would be reluctant to sacrifice.

As Mooro says - if it could ever be workable (and I suspect it couldnt) - having part time status with extra training sessions would potentially be the best route, as it allows you to keep players such as Chris, who may otherwise be lost to the club, if it goes full time.

Quote:
jc said:
Admittedly, that's a tough one - Skinner would definitely be preferred at left-back, but I still feel that Jacko would be pushing Drury for the left-midfield slot.

Drury can play with equal effect on both sides of the pitch, and if we can keep Ben Walshe then don't feel we need him in midfield, but we definitely need competition for the left back slot, where we only have Skinner who is a natural in that position.

This season we have been unable to sign some players because of our part time status, it would be a shame if we lost any players purely because the club has ambitions of becoming full time professionals.

If we do go full time then we may be able to attract some new players who would not consider signing a contract with a part time club. I can't see any reason why players who do not wish to play full time cannot play alongside them. The team should be picked on merit, if you are good enough you play if not you don't.